Valued Contributor

"Packaging" of handbags ? (if new)

If bags are bought from QVC and new, are they supposed to come with plastic wrap/ packaging around the handles or stuffing, etc.??

I'm not sure if all bags are; but, this particualr one was a Dooney Florentine with no plastic wrap or stuffing.  

Thanks for any input!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: "Packaging" of handbags ? (if new)

The bags i have received have plastic around them and some sort of stuffing....unless i purchase 'as is'.....

Respected Contributor

And the hardware is always covered individually with plastic.  I recently returned a bag that started to come apart.  I specifically called and told them I would like it replaced with a brand new bag ... not a return, not a used bag.  I got a bag with none of the hardware covered, one end of the braiding on the strap was damaged (stitching ripped, glue came apart and the braiding was coming undone).  This time it goes back for a full refund. 

Valued Contributor

Thanks, @circles and @sparklestar.  I was thinking that, too.  There should be some sort of plastic covering of zippers and stuffing, etc.

I tried the Florentine Barlow, and it did not have wrapping or stuffing at all -- except for the outer plastic bag.  And, it was sold as NEW.

Respected Contributor

They should at least take the time to repackage it.  As long as it's not scratched or damaged I would keep it if you really want it.  However, the second one I got had a scratch in the leather and the hardware was scratched.

Valued Contributor

@sparklestar - so you sent the one back to get another one, and that one was scratched?  That's what I worry about, too, if I do return it.

I like the bag, and if it were "as is" price, I would keep it.  Just not sure with it having been full-price / new, that I will.  It has a few scratches on it.

It just seemed so odd for a Floretine to have no packaging / stuffing other than the plastic outer wrap!

Respected Contributor

@Julie_23 I sent the first one back because the braiding started to come apart just after carrying it a few weeks.  I called first and explained, they told me to use the label and send it back and mark it "defective."  She said they had more in stock and asked if I wanted another of the same.  Yes, I did.  But I wanted her to be sure I would get a brand new bag and not a return.  She assured me.  Instead I got someone's return and that was defective and damaged also. 

Valued Contributor

@sparklestar - I understand what you're saying now.  I'm sorry they did that with the bag.  You were very clear in what you asked them.  I'm glad they refunded it; but, I'm sorry you didn't get the bag you were hoping for.

Respected Contributor

I bought some florentines new and one "as is" florentine bag, and they had stuffing and plastic. Perfect.  I would be very disappointed to have one shipped as you describe. QVC has quality control issues at the shipping end, because I read more and more stories like yours. Of the several Pebble grain Brennas I bought, I tried one " as is" which arrived without accessories, so QVC did not charge me for return shipping and they sent me another which was perfect and in new, unopened, stuffed condition with the accessories.

Valued Contributor

Thanks, @libbyannE.  I couldn't believe they would ship it out like that, too.  You're right - I am disappointed the way they did it.  And, It's confusing to me in that it certainly would appear as an "as is," the way it was sent.

I usually keep all the packaging intact on my bags until I use them.  So, I'm undecided as to whether to keep this one.  I think I will probably return it, though.  I feel like I'm being silly about it; but, it just seems off when bought NEW and no wrapping/stuffing.