Honored Contributor

What do you all think will be the color for purses this spring?

Last spring/summer I saw pink purses - every shade of pink - all over the place. Nothing seems to be standing out as yet for spring this year. 

Perhaps it will be the pantone green. Not too bad as green is fairly neutral.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What do you all think will be the color for purses this spring?

I know Brahmin has lots of periwinkle and yellows. Pretty to look at but I'm not a colored purse fan. I like more neutrals that I can use all year. 

Honored Contributor

How about kaleidoscope.........."it goes with everything"

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Yellow,  especially a pale shade,  is very neutral.   It's my favorite neutral for spring/summer.   Just try to think of one color with which it won't blend.   It even goes with gold or silver.   I,  however,  will be carrying my usual turquoise.   I've got an Aimee Kestenberg I can hardly wait to move back into. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Yellow,  especially a pale shade,  is very neutral.   It's my favorite neutral for spring/summer.   Just try to think of one color with which it won't blend.   It even goes with gold or silver.   I,  however,  will be carrying my usual turquoise.   I've got an Aimee Kestenberg I can hardly wait to move back into. 

@Kachina624     Good idea!    I usually wear denim/navy and a few pounds of turq.    I need a summer purse.........and yellow sounds like a nice  choice.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I scored a NWT Stone Mountain canvas bag on E bay - pretty natural beige color with brown leather trim that will be the purse I take home to Pa to use as my everyday carry bag this summer.I got it for $5 + $7 Shipping so only $12 total  for a canvas & leather bag. I'm expecting it any day.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624     Good idea!    I usually wear denim/navy and a few pounds of turq.    I need a summer purse.........and yellow sounds like a nice  choice.

@Desertdi  That would be my uniform too.   Love yellow with navy.   I congratulate you on wearing pounds of turquoise,  as do I.   Often people who are small in stature go tiny and that just doesn't work with Southwestern jewelry.   Our "family"  silversmith's wife was very small and she wore a big,  I mean really big,  ring on every finger plus bracelets and always a big ornate silver comb in her chignon.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

There's no way I would carry what color everyone else is carrying.   I don't understand that mentality ... reminds me of junior high school.   The last thing I want is to be like everyone else.

Honored Contributor

I was window shopping today and looked at spring bags.  Most of them are printed or have several colors on them.  They look busier than a waitress on Sunday morning after a church service.

Honored Contributor

Purses are my thing and I have a lot of them.  More than I probably should, but whatever.

All sorts of colors- only 1 black, a few caramel color, pinks, a kind of parrot yellow/green color (which is one of my very favorites), red, etc.

I just look for a purse that I like.  I really don't pay attention to the color.

On the 2 that I've bought so far for spring/summer, one is white with tan and the other is a bright denim color.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?