Esteemed Contributor

Vera Bradley: Looking forward to Spring

[ Edited ]

This is always a difficult time of year:  the holiday letdown and the run up to Spring.  Weather is cold, slushy, or rainy and you feel the need for a pick me up.  Vera Bradley has some cute things available starting today.  I am a VB fan of the Mandy and the small Vera Tote plus some travel pieces.  

I like the Weekender in Havana Dots:  

Weekender Travel Bag

Works with the Mandy in Havana Rose

Mandy Shoulder Bag

New Go Anywhere Carry On also: with laptop sleeve (below)

and interesting RFID passport cover

RFID Passport Cover

Go Anywhere Carry-On

Also, a small Vera in Navy Patchwork if you are tired of prints: plus Cuban Tiles (geometric) in a gym bag

Small VeraLighten Up Ultimate Gym Bag

Always like the Bag Charms:

Lovebird Bag CharmLook of Love Bag Charm

So, any other VB fans out there??

Honored Contributor

Re: Vera Bradley: Looking forward to Spring

I haven't seen any Vera patterns I was crazy about in a long time but I like the colorful dots and love the cuban tiles pattern.

Honored Contributor

What does everyone think of this new made for QVC Vera Bradley hobo and wallet set? I like the idea of a set and I like the size on the hobo, but I don't like the black man-made external trim on the bottom and strap on the hobo bag nor do I like the polyurethane lining inside the bag! Woman Tongue These are not improvements in my opinion. I wish Vera Bradley would go back to all cotton handbags. All cotton bags can be washed in the washing machine. I had one Pleated Tote with the man-made interior and it had a smelly odor. If the hobo was all cotton, I would buy this set. I do like the Havana Rose pattern.

• Hobo bag: face/fill 100% cotton; lining/trim 100% polyurethane

Havana Rose:
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

What does everyone think of this new made for QVC Vera Bradley hobo and wallet set? I like the idea of a set and I like the size on the hobo, but I don't like the black man-made external trim on the bottom and strap on the hobo bag nor do I like the polyurethane lining inside the bag! Woman Tongue These are not improvements in my opinion. I wish Vera Bradley would go back to all cotton handbags. All cotton bags can be washed in the washing machine. I had one Pleated Tote with the man-made interior and it had a smelly odor. If the hobo was all cotton, I would buy this set. I do like the Havana Rose pattern.

• Hobo bag: face/fill 100% cotton; lining/trim 100% polyurethane

Havana Rose:

@EdithEllenLily  That's the reason I like the Mandy:  closest thing to the "originals" with the cloth inside and out.  I am not of a fan of the newer iterations.  

Today is Bohemian Blooms to the stores and groceries: finally stopped raining and is warming up a bit

Vera Bradley Mandy

Respected Contributor

Just received the Amy backpack in demin and black.  So cute.  Yes, I am failing miserably at my attempts to stop buying bags!!!   I think I am stress shopping as I picked this one up while waiting on my mom to get out of hip surgery this week.  This is one I had my eye on for awhile.  3043544_fpx.tif.jpg Great price on this and some of the other leather bags still on sale tonight. 

Respected Contributor

I just wanted to add that while I have many totes and different types of bags nothing seems to work better than Vera's.  When going to the hospital I switched out of the lug bag and into a vera just because it felt lighter and had more useful pockets.  They are great for travel. 

Super Contributor

Roni18.. Hope your mom is doing well.
Your right, Vera totes are nice and light weight. Perfect for long days at the hospital. I've got my mom using them now as well.

I like the back pack bag and looked at those also, if be interested to hear how you like yours.

I picked up a couple of the quilted leather bags on sale. The Emma satchel came in already, carried it today and love it. Not heavy at all for a leather bag. Soft, I've had some softer, but it's still really nice.
Respected Contributor

@Grnidkjun, I like the backpack.  It is very nice looking and comfortable on.  I have not had a chance to use it yet.  The Emma satchel looks lovely.  I have a small quilted Emma tote that I picked up at one of the Vera outlets and I have been carrying that a lot recently.  The quality of the leather is very nice. 

They have been having some really good sales on their website recently.  My mom is doing okay, she had hip replacement surgery.  She is not too happy doing those exercises right now but my father is doing a good job with helping her and we have home health people coming in.  

Super Contributor

My grandfather had his hip replaced. He didn't take pain meds after the surgery, said it felt better than it did prior.

He did start taking them for physical therapy. He swore they were trying to kill him! 

He got around much better after though. Hope your mom has good results as well. Smiley Happy

I couldn't resist the recent online sales and extra discounts.

Picked up the Emma satchel in taupe. I bet your tote is really nice.

Lydia in black and mini Stella in nude.

As well as two of the little Sydney for travel.

Didn't help that I had a birthday coupon burning a hole in my pocket as well to bring those prices down further too.. That caved me.

Respected Contributor

I've always enjoyed my Vera bags and still do.  However, last week went to a VB store at an outlet mall a couple of hours away. 

Wow, the quality has gone way downhill.  I looked and walked right out of that store. 

No more VB for me.  They used to be great quality; so sad.