Esteemed Contributor

Re: Vera Bradley Bag Talk, 2016!

[ Edited ]

One last thing:  went by the VB store (Roseville, Ca) today and you guys are right as to marketing trends.  Lots of solids, leathers, and the polys.  

There was just a tiny section of "traditional" cotton sale items (bags and totes).  A lot of the new fragrance items and scarfs, tech accessories  etc. So I agree, grab those old patterns when and while you can.  Also, per the sales gals, a big sale is coming up mid February, so stay tuned.  No details yet. 

One of the customers in the store was saying that Mocha Rouge was her all time favorite. Forgot about that one; that is pretty if you are into the florals..  

Mocha Rouge

Amazon has some of it (Amazon prime)

I favor the more graphic prints:  I am thinking about Ink Blue to go with summery denims.

Ink BlueProduct Details

Looks good in the Mailbag style.

That upcoming D&B TSV looks stunning in the butter yellow.  However, 2.9 lbs. empty.  That's why I love VB.

image.jpeg

Regular Contributor

Just a heads up, there is free shipping on any size order and 30% off sale items on the VB website today only. Not a lot of time left today, but if you have been eying inexpensive items and want free shipping, you may want to check it out. I picked up hair accessories, headbands and barrettes, for my granddaughters. Between these sales and VB on eBay, I have picked up great deals and gifts for family and friends.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

@MorningLover wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

I just received my 'very berry paisley' pleated tote I ordered from Ebay...

OMG! The pattern is TDF!!! The combo of colors in person is absolutely lovely and I am thrilled I decided to get it.

I think now I can just sit back and not get anymore VB for a long time...thankfully...LOL I certainly got on the obsessed train for awhile and just hopped off  ooonooo.gif

Not complaining....it's been a fun ride Smiley Very Happy

I'm glad I started to get VB pieces when I did since it seems VB is now moving away from patterned prints and leaning more toward solids. The few new patterns that have come out for Spring doesn't interest me.

The pieces I have now are of the following patterns:

Midnight Paisley

Very Berry Paisley

Petal Paisley

Midnight Blues

English Meadow

Moon Blooms

Pink Swirls

VaVa Bloom

Ziggy Zinnia

Provencal

Concerto

Wow... You have been busy !!  LOL       Woman LOL

When did you get the VB BUG !!  I just started in the middle of January.

I  made several purchases, so I'm slowing down for awhile.

Like you, I wanted to get a few patterns before they do away with them. Seems VB is headed in a different direction.

I picked up mainly travel size totes. I noticed on a earlier post you said you purchased    The Carryall Travel Bag.  I did too !

I liked it so much that I bought two !!

Enjoy your Vera.....Take Care          Woman Very Happy

I hope everyone keeps posting and talking VB !!                Heart

@MorningLover The carryall travel bag is amazing...which is how I got started on the VB obsessed train ride in mid December last year. I believe I mentioned in an earlier post, I made up for lost time in just 4-6 weeks...LOL

I initially bought two...in ziggy zinnia and moon blooms and was hooked!

When I went to post my review for it, I had bought another in midnight paisley...just such a great travel bag. I wish that exact style was in midnight blues...oh well.

I did get several of the pleated totes at the incredible discount of $29.99 and $24.99...then a few more when I saw other patterns I liked like 'very berry paisley'...

I also got a couple of hipsters, one 2-way tote (provencal) several matching cosmetic cases in various sizes/patterns of pieces I got and a few e-reader sleeves for my kindle paperwhite.

Honestly, I'm kinda glad I'm not seeing any new stuff I like...although I still view them when I get the VB emails.

Respected Contributor

@diamondsforme wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

@CanningLady @MorningLover @Susan Louise @hicindy2 

My Field Flowers (seems to be Dillards and QVC only?) from Dillards just arrived. Hung it on my display hook, next to Midnight Blues. FLASH OF INSIGHT! Same pattern, different colors! What do you think?

mailbagMidnight.jpeg

Field.jpeg

@1Professor:  I absolutely agree with you. They did that with another pattern not too long ago - same pattern, different colors.  It's such a beautiful pattern. I'm so happy you got it!   

@CanningLady:

I have both patterns and adore them! Hoping Vera will return to some gorgeous floral patterns. Sigh.

Esteemed Contributor

@MorningLover wrote:

I just ordered a few more things off the VB site....after I said I wasn't buying any more !       Woman Frustrated

Me too !!  Since I have been aware of the VB eBay store, look how the stock has gone down.  We can't have bought it all, could we ??

I picked out the hipster in Heather today.  Every time I really like something, it disappears.  Goes with my Bertha watch I found reduced on Amazon.

Vera Bradley Hipster Crossbody Bag

Respected Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

@MorningLover wrote:

I just ordered a few more things off the VB site....after I said I wasn't buying any more !       Woman Frustrated

Me too !!  Since I have been aware of the VB eBay store, look how the stock has gone down.  We can't have bought it all, could we ??

I picked out the hipster in Heather today.  Every time I really like something, it disappears.  Goes with my Bertha watch I found reduced on Amazon.

Vera Bradley Hipster Crossbody Bag

@hicindy2

I really do think, that the VB ladies on here bought Out the Store !

I recently purchased the Heather Triple Zip Hipster

and love the colors.   Love your watch with the owl !  Heart

What a great find !!!     Enjoy your Vera   Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

My Field Flowers (seems to be Dillards and QVC only?) from Dillards just arrived. Hung it on my display hook, next to Midnight Blues. FLASH OF INSIGHT! Same pattern, different colors! What do you think?

mailbagMidnight.jpeg

Field.jpeg

@1Professor  Guess what?! I ust discovered that 'pink swirls' and 'heather' are exactly the same pattern but different colors too!!! LOL

Honored Contributor

Just a general observation...

Based upon what I am seeing, the word has definately spread amongst VB followers related to the changes being made on less patterns and more solod colors.

On just the pleated totes alone that I have been seeing offered on Ebay, the prices are rising on the patterns not available anymore/retired. I have even seen used totes that far exceed the origional retail price...

I thought I would mention it for those who might have been wanting certain pieces/patterns and are waiting to purchase them in the future.

I have even seen a couple of pleated totes asking for double the retail price! Wowser  0.0

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

mailbagMidnight.jpeg

Field.jpeg

@1Professor  Guess what?! I ust discovered that 'pink swirls' and 'heather' are exactly the same pattern but different colors too!!! 

Susan Louise......

THEY ARE ?  Woman Happy I have the Heather pattern which is so

pretty. I'll have to check them out !  Woman LOL I love the paisley

patterns on them. Thanks for the info.