Respected Contributor

The New Must Have According to Amy: a $500 Bag. Yea Right.

The Q is on something.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: The New Must Have According to Amy: a $500 Bag. Yea Right.

I agree. It's not even a particularly attractive bag. Looks like something at a Target.

Trusted Contributor

Wow....I refuse to spend that amount on any handbag. LOL. Is like a 5 thousand dollar car and a 60 thousand dollar car.....each takes you to the same place. LOL That is definately out of my budget and looks no better then some I have seen for much less. A must-have for some .......is way out in space for others I guess.

Trusted Contributor

I have several Dooneys collected over the years and they are made of good leather, still in good shape and are of a style that never gets old.   I seldom use them because the leather has never softened up as they still say it will.  They are stiff and not comfortable on my shoulder.  I did not notice when I purchased them that the zippers do not allow me to open to see inside very well.  There is ample space on the bottom of the bag.  Also I have since decided that an outside phone pocket is mandatory.  I did not come close to paying $500.  I may not have of the most up to date colors but I have all the neutrals.  I have a lambskin wristlet that is starting to show wear.  I have been trying for a year to find another like it.  Even the Dooneys stores say they have never seen this style before.  It has a separate zippered section that I can remove and can also serve as a checkbook cover when needed.  It fits in all my medium plus bags and makes changing purses so quick and easy.  I will keep looking but price might be an issue.  I can't believe how they have gone up.

Honored Contributor

$50 is my limit on a purse!!!

Honored Contributor

That new Toscana bag is drop-dead gorgeous.  If I was in a position to drop $400+ on a handbag, I wouldn't hesitate, except I wouldn't know what color to get.  I love them all.

I got a gorgeous burgandy man-made bag from Zulily yesterday.  I'll have to content myself with that.  For $39.99, it has all the features of the expensive bags.  Feels just like leather, has feet on bottom, secure zipper top, outside pocket, shoulder AND crossbody straps, big enough for iPad, and lots of inside pockets.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Whether a bag is $5.00 or $500.00 a bag without outside pockets and a good shoulder strap, and no inside organization is not worth the money. Personally I get better deals at Tjmaxx,Dillards, and Macy's.

Easy pay is not a game changer,I rather get a great sale price.Also I  have purchase handbags that retail for close to $500.00,but I would never pay that price .The most I have paid is $200.00. 

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

That new Toscana bag is drop-dead gorgeous.  If I was in a position to drop $400+ on a handbag, I wouldn't hesitate, except I wouldn't know what color to get.  I love them all.

I got a gorgeous burgandy man-made bag from Zulily yesterday.  I'll have to content myself with that.  For $39.99, it has all the features of the expensive bags.  Feels just like leather, has feet on bottom, secure zipper top, outside pocket, shoulder AND crossbody straps, big enough for iPad, and lots of inside pockets.

That one is four and a quarter or so.  Not that that is chump change but the one she commented on was the $499 small satchel below.  It is also beautifully made, but the zip top is too small for my hands.  It is a smaller bag.  And the price to get it home, probably pushing $535.  That is crazy.image.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Shawnie  That's a great bag.  I love the ginger color and the fact that Dooney is now using some silver hardware, which is always my preference.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I have some $500 bags. I've never paid more than $200 for one. Too many flash sales and discounts these days to pay that much. Besides, I love the thrill of the hunt!!