Super Contributor

Testing Driving your Dooney is a big PLUS for the Q

I purchased the new DB Small Barlow direct from Dooney and just cannot get passed the handles that won't go down and the wavy "pockets": and lasst the Mags that really make it safe but hard to get into one handed.  When you purchase from the Q you can actually at least use it even for a few hours around the house. . but you can tell if it is a GO or not.  Last purchase from the Main Store.  Any of course, I got it at Christmas and waited to use it till now. . .UGH.  

Venting doneSmiley Sad

Respected Contributor

Re: Testing Driving your Dooney is a big PLUS for the Q

Seems to me that you had the same 30 day opportunity to test drive your new bag which ever you purchased it from.  Your mistake was not making up your mind within 30 days and sending it back then.  Although i will say that one of the main reasons i purchase from Q is that the customer service is great compared to Dooney.  

Honored Contributor

Dooney and Bourke online has the same 30-day return policy that QVC does. I have no idea if they extend it around holiday season the way QVC does, but as you said, you missed the window either way.

Unfortunately, they don't have a "gift" option at checkout, so it looks like any invoice has a price on it. I like places that offer a gift option and don't print the price on the receipt.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shawnie wrote:

Seems to me that you had the same 30 day opportunity to test drive your new bag which ever you purchased it from.  Your mistake was not making up your mind within 30 days and sending it back then.  Although i will say that one of the main reasons i purchase from Q is that the customer service is great compared to Dooney.  

So true. Dooney's CS is lame. Of course, with the Q there is that 'try on fee' that's now running about twenty bucks... Sure, love it or return it, but for a price... I don't do much with Dooney anymore, but when I did, I checked deparment stores first and often found better deals and minimal or free shipping. I'd also note a 30 day return policy these days is pretty much the norm. Many places offer an even longer term. Zappos only rarely has sale prices on their bags, but their shipping is free both ways and I believe their return policy is very generous.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Regular Contributor

I agree - Dooney  customer service is TERRIBLE!  I even put a post out there about how awful they were back in December when my husband ordered a bag for me and it was the wrong one.  Sat on hold for almost an hour every time I called them.  There is no excuse whatsoever for that kind of delay.  Then trying to get an answer from the customer service rep who acted like it was too much for her too look up the order to see if they received the return.  And then finally trying to get them to send the correct item was another round of being on hold for 45 minuted and a lazy customer service rep. 

I also prefer to order from QVC when it comes to Dooney bags then order from the Dooney company.  Dooney always acts like you are a thief or a liar or you ruined the product and thta is why you are returning it.

Dooney needs to take a lesson on great customer service from Amazon and also QVC.