Honored Contributor

Re: Sisters... Sisters... There Were Never Such Devoted Sisters (April edition...)

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

So last night my chest muscle was pretty uncomfortable and then I had to call the on-call engineers for yet another problem in the apartment, so I never got around to Milly... I got very little sleep and while I might take a look later, I might wait until I'm in a 'better place' because a bummer-bag right now would just suck... The weather here is also making me bat guano... It's been gray, dreary, rainy and cool now for the past three days and with no end in sight... It's crazy-making.

@stevieb I hope you feel better. You can send the gray rainy cool weather to me. It's been stupid hot. It was in the 90s this week. Although it was cooler today, we "might" get rain but it's slim. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Re: Sisters... Sisters... There Were Never Such Devoted Sisters (April edition...)

@Bird mama wrote:

Janey Mack!  I would have posted earlier but that orange bag burned a spot on my retinas!

I liked the color. I can wear those super bright colors well for some reason. 

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

So last night my chest muscle was pretty uncomfortable and then I had to call the on-call engineers for yet another problem in the apartment, so I never got around to Milly... I got very little sleep and while I might take a look later, I might wait until I'm in a 'better place' because a bummer-bag right now would just suck... The weather here is also making me bat guano... It's been gray, dreary, rainy and cool now for the past three days and with no end in sight... It's crazy-making.

@stevieb Too bad. Smiley Sad Maybe a better weekend ahead!

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

What do you all think of this ring? A similar one in gold was the LS today. Didn't have my size.

Oro Nuovo Bold Polished Concave Tapered Ring 14K

This was the LS. It was $38 or something like that then.

J328452 Bold Polished Concave Tapered Ring, 14K

Do they look like the same ring? The rose wasn't offered as LS.

hmmm I don't buy gold over resin. But you know, if you like it. I should just add that to my sig line LOL. 

@jaxs mom @stevieb @EdithEllenLily Anyone know if concave rings are flattering or unflattering on the hand? They don't show it much in the video. Not so that you can tell.

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@jaxs mom I forgot to mention that there was just one Oryany at The Rack today. It was mauvey taupe and had two huge pom-pom tassels on each end. I mean pom-pom. Reminded me of cheerleaders @stevieb. LOL.

But really, no one like the Oryany with pigtails? No fans of Pipi Longstocking here? @skyblue Smiley Wink

That pigtail bag is hideous.

@stevieb Actually, you should have seen that pom-pom bag. I'd say pigtails was an improvement. LOL. But neither are the best examples.

I am really tired of all the tassels, too long zipper pulls, extraneous hardware, pom-poms, locks and keys, pleating and all the rest as an excuse for 'design'.  That CH bag you got is very pretty and very understated and relies on good design, not bells and whistles... And THAT, to me, is the mark of a solid brand... @Serendipity...

@stevieb Yeah. I agree. That's why I was excited about Frye, but mostly very blah. The CH, which is the first time I'd seen in stores, was very nice. I think I will look for a bag for my mom in that brand. Hey, and did I mention this one I got has a zip top!?! Glides smoothly too. Thanks for pushing me to go back to get it. It was kind of a pain, but now I'm happy! Smiley Very Happy

@Serendipity Nice that it worked out... CH is a premier brand that hasn't overexposed themselves. Nor have they yet cheaped out or gone trendy. I don't have many of their bags because I don't often see them at discount in a configuration I want, but it's a solid option.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

So should I fess up to the makeup I bought today? I had to order some online because it wasn't in stock. Anyway, I got the Kat Von D shade and light palettes in Smoke ( which I love and looks so good on me) and I ordered the Plum set. I also had to order the Anastasia dipbrow because they didn't have the granite color in stock. I also ordered the shade and light eye brush. 

Honored Contributor

Maybe I need to adjust the brightness on this monitor.  Yesterday or the day before (I lose track), those houndstooth bags were making me crosseyed.  Every time someone quoted the post I couldn't see my screen, rofl.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@stevieb I hope you feel better. You can send the gray rainy cool weather to me. It's been stupid hot. It was in the 90s this week. Although it was cooler today, we "might" get rain but it's slim. 

Thanks @jaxs mom...

As for the climate...  No, if it has to be rainy and dreary, I'd rather have it cold than hot and humid...

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

What do you all think of this ring? A similar one in gold was the LS today. Didn't have my size.

hmmm I don't buy gold over resin. But you know, if you like it. I should just add that to my sig line LOL. 

@jaxs mom @stevieb @EdithEllenLily Anyone know if concave rings are flattering or unflattering on the hand? They don't show it much in the video. Not so that you can tell.

I don't own any and I don't think I've tried that style on so I'm no help sorry.

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@Serendipity Sorry @Serendipity I honestly have no idea or opinion on these two rings... I do have a few resin rings (don't tell JM) and they're fine for day to day wear... Obviously, I'd prefer 'real' gold, but I've not had bad luck with them and they look good.