Honored Contributor

Re: Sister's Got a Brand New Bag... (May edition)

[ Edited ]

Ok I broke down and bought those Clarks Amelia Alice suede wedges. I've had them on my wishlist forever. Of course I bought black, I hope they fit. 

A273590

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom

Do you find you get more of a thrill from a new pair of shoes than a new handbag?

I'm excited for you, that shoe is really sharp.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

So, decided to switch into my Liz Claiborne tapestry bag.

When it's opened it looks like this

Center zip compartment and open compartments on either side.  The open compartments snap shut.  I'm struggling with the lack of structure in the bag.  I had everything secure and zipped up in my Oryany Sarah and now I feel like I'm going to lose something.  Not sure how I feel about it.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@jaxs mom

Do you find you get more of a thrill from a new pair of shoes than a new handbag?

I'm excited for you, that shoe is really sharp.

@Bird mama That is probably true for me. I had a love of shoes long before I had a love of handbags. And until the last few years I carried the same bag for years at a time. I was in a shoe rut during that same time, but it wasn't by choice. A combo of a knee injury making heels impossible and having to use a cane sometimes made practicality a requirement. I'm fine now though as long as I don't wrench it again. 

Shoes make a bigger impact on the overall look than a handbag IMO. I could technically carry any of my handbags any day if I wanted to. Not so with the shoes. Especially now that I'm living in a four season climate.  Shoes are bittersweet though, I resisted buying these specifically because I really can't wear them in winter here unless I want frostbitten toes. Then I feel the pressure of wanting to wear my boots a lot before it gets hot and my sandal heels before winter comes. 

I'm still adjusting to having a winter and summer wardrobe and putting clothes and shoes away for the season. I never really had to do that before. 

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

So, decided to switch into my Liz Claiborne tapestry bag.

When it's opened it looks like this

Center zip compartment and open compartments on either side.  The open compartments snap shut.  I'm struggling with the lack of structure in the bag.  I had everything secure and zipped up in my Oryany Sarah and now I feel like I'm going to lose something.  Not sure how I feel about it.

Is that the one with the matching clothes? Or am I confusing you with someone else? Those center zip with side magnetic sections are getting really popular. I saw one earlier today. 

Honored Contributor

@Sister Golden Hair wrote:

@BlingQueen022 This is the Coach that I bought for $65.00. But mine is a darker brown. The Coach is one of my favorite brands. The Coach you showed was so great and I loved the style but the price. That is why I hardly ever buy a new handbag.

That was a steal. 

As for the bag with the Cs that you passed on. I'm working on passing on items that tempt me just because the price is good. If you aren't a fan of the Cs then how often would you want to carry it anyway? The bags you do love would always be first in line. So even at 25 bucks I'd have passed on it. Let someone that really would love it, have it. 

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Sister Golden Hair ... the Trish McEvoy High Volume Mascara I ordered arrived on Wednesday.  So far I think I like it.  Like all other tubular mascaras it doesn't give me raccoon eyes... but unlike the others I have tried it gives me a bit more volume.  I am now seriously considering ordering the Blinc heated eyelash curler you recommended.  Do you really like it?  Does the curl hold all day?  And do you use it before or after applying your mascara?

@Sister Golden Hair .. so is there any info  you can give me abuot the Blinc Heated Eye Lash Curler?

I'm interested in this too. 

Esteemed Contributor

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@BlingQueen022 Thanks My recent purchase was a rose leather breast cancer Coach.

I saw a black and white Coach at a Goodwill but didn't know if it was real or a fake so I didn't buy it but found out later it was real. It was one with the C's which isn't my favorite but it was only $25.00Woman Sad

@Sister Golden Hair I'm not a big fan of the bags with the C's either, but for 25 bucks, I would have purchased it too.  That was a super bargain price for sure.  There are great finds to be found in Consignment Shops.  A woman that works in my office shops in them alot and has gotten some great looking clothes and for a bargain price too.  Nothing like finding a good deal.  I hate to pay for something that's not on sale.  That's probably why I didn't buy that bag.  I think if I did,it would of left a bad taste in my mouth.  

@BlingQueen022 I always look at the glass cases when I go to Goodwill because that is where they keep the better bags. I have bought good brand blankets at Goodwill too.

One time I had a brand new Martha Stewart blanket in my cart at a thrift store and this lady came over and started to take it out of my cart. I was rather shocked.

It really pays to shop thrift stores. Because you never know what you might find.

@Sister Golden HairYou just given me the bug now to check out our new GoodWill store that opened up close to where I live at.  I haven't been in it yet, but will be out tomorrow and will make it a point to stop by and see what they have in it.  That's pretty brazen to try to take somebody's merchandise out of their cart.  I would been shocked too.  I'm glad she didn't get away with that.  

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom

Yeah, that's the bag I bought on a lark because it matched a jacket, lol.

I'm going to try it.  First time something flies out of it, and that's it! 

I'll switch into the olive colored travelon.

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@BlingQueen022 This is the Coach that I bought for $65.00. But mine is a darker brown. The Coach is one of my favorite brands. The Coach you showed was so great and I loved the style but the price. That is why I hardly ever buy a new handbag.

That was a steal. 

As for the bag with the Cs that you passed on. I'm working on passing on items that tempt me just because the price is good. If you aren't a fan of the Cs then how often would you want to carry it anyway? The bags you do love would always be first in line. So even at 25 bucks I'd have passed on it. Let someone that really would love it, have it. 

@jaxs mom I ask my friend at the Magic shop and she could of sold it for around $100.00. That is why I buy some bags to sellWoman Very Happy

The Magic shop that is 20 miles from here gets bigger prices because it is a bigger town.

And when I sell stuff, I make more money.

I was glad that this woman bought that Coach that day. When we were walking out, I ask if I could look inside. She was so happy and I told her that it was real.

She was so excited and said that she had never had a name brand purse before.

So I too, was happy for herHeart