Honored Contributor

Re: Sister's Got a Brand New Bag... (May edition)

[ Edited ]

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb wrote:
Good grief...

I wish you hadn't costed that out @Boehm Collector... Do you KNOW what kind of stellar bag you could buy for almost a thousand bills... Oh my gosh... I'm seeing stars...

I was curious @stevieb .. because I know the Dooney Alto line has gotten really expensive.   My Alto Viola has increased by $175 since I purchased it.

I know @Boehm Collector... I love the Altos, but I'm just not paying those prices for bags that often look great but that I probably wouldn't often use. They tend to be rather dressy... and structured... and don't always offer much in the way of organization...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Sister Golden Hair wrote:

@Boehm Collector Those are my kind of bags.

There was one at the Magic shop by "Cats" made in spain. The leather was beautiful but I didn't like that it.

@Sister Golden Hair .. which bags did you like??  And is "cats" a brand name??

@Boehm Collector I really like the look of all of them. Looks like great leather.

"Cats" is the brand. I'm going to try to find it.

Honored Contributor

I have one bag made in Spain and it's among the most attractive bags I own. I never carry it that I don't get complements. It hasn't worn all that well, but I think that's because I've used it a lot and not babied it at all. I really should've. It's a really good bag. I think I'll condition it... 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb .. how are you feeling today?  Is the muscle pull any better??

Oh Maria... I don't want to relate my sad tale of woe... but I had a rather miserable night with some tummy issues, but yes, the chest is feeling a bit better today. Thanks for asking.

Oh geez .. @stevieb.. I'm sorry to hear you weren't feeling well during the night.  COuld it have been something you ate??  Are you feeling better now?  But at least your muscle pull is improving.  

I have some tummy issues that flair up from time to time and stress is always a factor, and yes, I've been feasting often on my mom's home made vegetable soup... As healthy as it otherwise is, all those veggies combined can be a bit hard on the tummy... It'll ease up... @Boehm Collector...

Stress manifests itself is so many different ways @stevieb.  When I'm under an extreme amount of stress I have excruciating back pains.  Feel better soon!!

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector I know I need to break down and just change into this EA.

Great color for summer and I do have a wallet to matchWoman Very Happy

HB is having a sale tonight only. Just thought I would mention this 30

Esteemed Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb  @BlingQueen022 @Bird mama @jaxs mom @Boehm Collector @skyblue @handygal2 @1Professor @hicindy2 @Serendipity @asoutherngirl @Sister Golden Hair @NycVixen @gramygram @foo foo shi shi @tough_kitty and everyone:

First, birdmama (and anyone else who needs them), put your sunglasses on:

A few days ago in the April Sisters thread, I read a line from @jaxs mom that resonated with me. Often we see a handbag and think about it over and over; we just cannot get it out of our mind. Of course those of you who know me will say this happens often with EEL, and I would have to agree, but not to the extent it happened with a certain leather and a certain color, which I am sure @stevieb will remember me admiring...and wanting...quite a long time ago. 

So I did it! A few weeks ago I was able to find the wallet on ilovedooney and chose it on one of their additional sales. And then I waited for the spring Dooney VIP sale and ordered the handbag and the cosmetic.

It is a Tangerine dream that came true...the Dooney Alto Roma, the Alto Slim Continental wallet and the Alto Cosmetic Case, all quite beautiful. The leather is so smooth and the Tangerine color is so vibrant and amazing. I'm saving it for summertime...but I couldn't wait any longer to tell you all about it. Woman Very Happy

I love their Alto line. Your bag and accessories are beautiful. I love the color. 

Thanks @jaxs mom. It was a splurge, but now I won't be consumed with thinking about that Tangerine color. I didn't want it to disappear and never had had a chance to have it! Heart

@EdithEllenLily It is an amazing color !!! Tangerine Dream, my absolute favorite color. So perfect.  Look at it as "cost per wearing".  No matter what the price, if it sits in the closet waiting for a "special time" or "special outfit", it is very expensive to keep.  If it is making a sunny appearance 3 or 5 times a week, it is a bargain !! Beautiful pieces, beautiful color.  If you didn't buy the set, you would kick yourself for not getting the matching accessories.  Carry it proudly and let the sunshine in.  

Esteemed Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

LMAO, I saw that they came out with a fanny pack and I just rolled my eyes. Yeah, not buying it. I'd rather carry a small crossbody bag than a fanny pack. And while I don't hate camo like you do I don't own any camo bags or clothes. Although my husband and kids do. 

What's with my crazy weather. It was in the 50s and very windy. I actually wore closed toed shoes and a jacket today. I was freezing without it. 

@jaxs mom We are having some strange weather too. The sun is warm but the wind is cold.

@Sister Golden Hair @jaxs mom @stevieb ... we went from needing the AC to back in the 40's and 50's with lots of rain.  I think they are predicting rain for much of this coming week.  But who knows.... the weather predictions are more often then not wrong.  

Honored Contributor

@Sister Golden Hair I think you're looking for Cats of Madrid... I know they have a site, but don't know much more about them.

Esteemed Contributor

@Boehm Collector I know I need to break down and just change into this EA.

Great color for summer and I do have a wallet to matchWoman Very Happy

HB is having a sale tonight only. Just thought I would mention this 30

Oh my @Sister Golden Hair ... you should not have told me about the HB sale.. LOL.  I REALLY cannot justify getting a new bag for a while.  I still have the Ivanka Trump green bag coming in this week.  I have to put the brakes on handbag purchasing for a while.  If not, the HM is definitely going to put me in the woodshed.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

LMAO, I saw that they came out with a fanny pack and I just rolled my eyes. Yeah, not buying it. I'd rather carry a small crossbody bag than a fanny pack. And while I don't hate camo like you do I don't own any camo bags or clothes. Although my husband and kids do. 

What's with my crazy weather. It was in the 50s and very windy. I actually wore closed toed shoes and a jacket today. I was freezing without it. 

@jaxs mom We are having some strange weather too. The sun is warm but the wind is cold.

@Sister Golden Hair @jaxs mom @stevieb ... we went from needing the AC to back in the 40's and 50's with lots of rain.  I think they are predicting rain for much of this coming week.  But who knows.... the weather predictions are more often then not wrong.  

Same here @Boehm Collector...

I wasn't looking forward to hot weather, but seasonal would be nice, as would a break in the rain and clouds.