Honored Contributor

Re: Satchel Santas, Ho-Ho-Hobos and Other Indulgences Y'all... 4Q-2015

The year my Mother passed away was the day after Thanksgiving.

In 1987 my Father passed away 2 days before Christmas.

They had both been sick for a long time, so it was a blessings they passed.

But I have wonderful memories of great holidaysHeart

Honored Contributor

We ate so early, I think it's time for a little snack... Perhaps I'll be back later... Just in case, though, I don't 'do' Black Friday, so for those that do, best of luck to you...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Sister Golden Hair wrote:

The year my Mother passed away was the day after Thanksgiving.

In 1987 my Father passed away 2 days before Christmas.

They had both been sick for a long time, so it was a blessings they passed.

But I have wonderful memories of great holidaysHeart

A blessing, perhaps, but still sad @Sister Golden Hair...  

I too have some wonderful Thanksgiving and Christmas memories, even though I now find it a somewhat bittersweet season... 

Honored Contributor

I am in a food coma after this Thanksgiving Day!! Woman Surprised

More later after I catch up here! 

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Boy, I'll tell you, my local TJ Maxx better step it up big time and quick. I usually shop at another Maxx store but last Christmas 'my' store was nicely stocked. Today, I did a quick walk-thru and it was meager. Very few nicer bags, like an explosion of Steve Madden pleather and it's been that way for a while... I hope the Maxx's buyers aren't either cheaping out or having trouble getting nicer stock. The housewares aisle was pitiful, mainly another explosion, this time of coffee mugs. The cosmetics offering were meager too... I guess there's a lot of competition these days for overstocks from nicer stores, but like I said, they better jump to... Thankfully, I've done most of my shopping and a good bit of it came from the Maxx and Marshall's and a good bit form TJ Maxx's website, but this trip was disappointing. 

Similar situation around Chicagoland @stevieb! It's fun to go look and check out styles that you see online, but I haven't found any handbags to buy at our TJ Maxx stores in ages! 

Honored Contributor

Ever heard of the brand "Osgoode Marley"?

It is really a cool bag.

@Sister Golden Hair No, I haven't. The only Marley I've heard of is Bob.

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

Serendipity, I can't remember but it was either $175.00 or $195.00.

Or $185.00 not sure.

But it was a bit more than I wanted to spend.

If it had been black then I might of wanted it.

I'm going again next week so I will check out the price.

@Sister Golden Hair That's less than half price, but not the bargain that your others are! But if it were the Jenny I'd be pulling out the stops to find it. LOL. I think @EdithEllenLily has one of these campus bags, or gifted it recently.

@Serendipity No, I don't have a Campus bag, but I admired it recently and mentioned it to @stevieb. I have a FRYE backpack and pouch that I found on big sale at HauteLook a few months ago. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Hope you had a nice day @EdithEllenLily... No food coma here, but I did just have a small snack, having eaten really early. Mom makes the best homemade potato salad and it's more or less a holiday tradition. It's become a bit of a struggle for her, but it was delicious, so I just had a small saucer with a few pieces of leftover turkey...

Up until recently, I was still seeing scads of great bags at the Maxx and still see some, but not like I'm used to seeing. Likewise their housewares section. They do still have some good clothes options. Here's hoping they step it up. On the other hand, if they don't, well, I guess I don't really need such an easy-access shopping destination...

I'm not even opening most of the shopping emails (of which there are just too many), which makes it easier to ignore all the options out there, none of which do I need in the first place !!

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

3 Musketeers for meHeart

Now that's funny because I never liked them... Too sweet and too airy...  Not enough substance... Nope, like EEL, I'm all over the Milky Way. I love all the flavors except their peanut butter, not so much. I love PB and PB candy, but not theirs. Not a big fan of Snickers either.

@stevieb I love PB on my oat and hazelnut toast (Rudi's, Whole Foods) each morning! Yum! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

3 Musketeers for meHeart

Now that's funny because I never liked them... Too sweet and too airy...  Not enough substance... Nope, like EEL, I'm all over the Milky Way. I love all the flavors except their peanut butter, not so much. I love PB and PB candy, but not theirs. Not a big fan of Snickers either.

@stevieb I love PB on my oat and hazelnut toast (Rudi's, Whole Foods) each morning! Yum! Woman Happy

RIght now, @EdithEllenLily, I'm all about butter and cinnnamon on my pumpkin bread...

Heart