Respected Contributor

Revisiting the GILI Roma 2 {sigh}

2014 was the year of the G.I.L.I. Roma 2 for me.

Loved the soft pebble/snake/ostrich leathers, shape, organization, size, tassle!, drape. Perfect over my shoulder. Softly molds to the body. Even a key keeper (using the inner clip). 

I accumulated the brown ostrich, the black pebble, the blush pink pebble, the grey snake. Just pulled them all out of their bags. They are back on doorknobs, now ready (eager) for wearing. (Starting with the soft soft black pebble leather, a classic.)

I miss the presentations, new colors. Nothing compares. Anyone else? Roma 2 gals, are you still wearing the Roma 2 or are they (I assume, here, that you own more than one) lingering in dust covers?

BXMfk7iCMAA8e6B.jpg

ke6qdf.jpg

a255157.001.jpeg

m_56269c456a5830a23e002897.jpg

I feel like I just successfully shopped my closet!

Honored Contributor

Re: Revisiting the GILI Roma 2 {sigh}

[ Edited ]

I still use mine @1Professor... and I guess great minds think alike, because while I haven't used them lately, I recently unearthed all my Roma 2 and Roma Medium (natural ostrich, white ostrich, orange, brown and brown-black snake) intending to select one for use... I've long felt they really missed the boat by not keeping this bag around as a staple...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

I missed this in nude ostrich so I got it in the Milano rather than wait to see if the Roma 2 came back quickly.  The leather on this bag is beautiful and I loved it for a very short time.  I do not overload my bags as I have to limit weight on my neck and shoulders due to neck surgery.  One of the loops that holds the handle broke.  The pieces that go thru the leather was very thin.  I tried to fix but could not.  I have thought that maybe a cobbler might have some attractive heavier "0" rings that he could put in without damaging the leather.  I hate having spent that much money for a beautiful bag that can not be used.    From various reviews,etc I have not trust the latest GILI bags.  I will continue to wait and watch to see how the hardware is holding up.

Respected Contributor

I love the idea of shopping one's closet. I just pulled out some Dooney bags I had tucked away for summer and am especially thrilled to see my chestnut florentine mailbag and natural florentine satchel, among others, again. So, I know how you feel! 

Valued Contributor

Our beloved Roma 2's.....come back to us. How much begging can we do? 

Respected Contributor

No handbag drapes quite like the GILI Roma 2 & original!

{Loving these bags all over again.}

gilitote.jpg

lisa-w-bag.jpg

Honored Contributor

Right here and agree with EVERYTHING you said!! I do believe that this was the BEST bag QVC has ever brought out under their own label. I don't understand why they refuse to bring it back EXACTLY as it was before but in different shades/textures.

I'm currently carrying my Ostrich in Blush (my summer bag) and may or may not bring out my Ostrich in Camel over Labor Day. My Grey Snakeskin ALWAYS comes out Oct. 1 because the shades work with my all black wardrobe (with some grey thrown in) and then is switched out over Thanksgiving weekend to a bright red Furla bag.

The Roma 2 was (is) the perfect bag during that TSV for every reason and then some....

Respected Contributor

I am still wounded that I did not get the orange...sniffSmiley Sad  The Black, Dark Brown Snake, Expresso Lizard, Expresso, and Natural Ostrich keep me pretty happy. I just took mine out also.

Frequent Contributor

I unfortunately missed the Roma 2, only finding G.I.L.I. right before Lisa left QVC.  Even then, I was more focused on the clothes.  I ended up buying Roma 2 bags on ebay and it has served me well.  I now have the nude ostrich, black pebble, snake, and metallic silver.  They were easy enough to pickup on ebay before the introduction of the Roma 4.  They are now more difficult to come by.  I would love to get the original Roma but QVC seems adamant - 2 years later - about not putting that one on sale (currently $324).