Respected Contributor

Removed tassels from Aimee kestenberg soho!

I got the gunmetal and it has grown on me and I like it a lot.  Gotten some compliments but my friend said you have a lot hanging off that bag.  I went home and removed the tassels off the three zippered compartments and cannot believe how much better it looks.  I have the sangria  and don"t mind all the tassels but on the gunmetal it is almost distracting.  I am sure not everyone would feel the same and would love the tassels but for those who think this handbag is a little too busy for them, just remove the tassels.  It still has an edgy look but not so much going on. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Removed tassels from Aimee kestenberg soho!

@chiclet

How will people notice you, if you can't lead with the tassel?! Cat Wink

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@chiclet

How will people notice you, if you can't lead with the tassel?! Cat Wink

Ha,Ha...yeah..isn't that what G.I.L.I. Jill says all the time now but before she advocated removing the tassels from the G.I.L.I. bags?

I have an Aimee Kestenberg bag that has a tassel that's the zipper pull and it gets in the way of the bag closing properly and also gets in the way of the removable crossbody strap. So much for A.K.'s engineering background since this dumb flaw should have been easily spotted and fixed on the sample before the bag went into mass production.

Super Contributor

Oh, my. Really?  I have that bag in gunmetal, and I can't imagine it without the tassels. Think I will keep mine as it is, but if you like it better without, I guess that's what makes us all so different. . lol

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” H.P. Lovecraft
Honored Contributor

I could see shortening them but probably not removing them. I considered the bag but decided it wasn't for me.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Spoiler

Shortening them would help too.  I thought of that and might try to see if that would work as well.  Just don't care for all the stuff streaming off of it.  The long strap hanging down with the tassels is too much for me. 

Honored Contributor

I actually like the tassels on that bag. They are really minimal with just two pieces of leather each, unlike the Dooney tassels on my Florentine bags. I also like how easy it is to grab them to open the zippers. I have the same type on my AK Lulu bag. Very convenient on the top zipper. 

I still haven't returned my Soho though. I was so busy with Thanksgiving plus the weather was horrible so I didn't feel like driving to the post office. I know I should return it because it falls off my shoulder but I really like the pockets and the color. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval