Honored Contributor

Question about Dooney oyster color...

[ Edited ]

Yesterday they offered (as a Lunchtime Special) a Dooney Samba satchel which yours truly purchased.  I had admired the oyster color when it was shown on the last TSV (the woven satchel/tote from a few weeks ago so I ordered the Samba in oyster.

Does anyone have anything in the Samba line in oyster?  Is it a year-round color?  Any information and/ or opinions are welcome.  Thanks. happy

Trusted Contributor

Re: Question about Dooney oyster color...

I do not have the SAMBA oyster but I do have the TSV embossed woven in oyster.

The color is absolutely beautiful.  So pretty and absolutely I will wear the oyster color all 4 seasons. 

I do not think you will be disappointed in the color.  Its awesome and in my opinion year round wear.

I hope this helps.

Honored Contributor

@Skididdy wrote:

I do not have the SAMBA oyster but I do have the TSV embossed woven in oyster.

The color is absolutely beautiful.  So pretty and absolutely I will wear the oyster color all 4 seasons. 

I do not think you will be disappointed in the color.  Its awesome and in my opinion year round wear.

I hope this helps.

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer.  I ordered yesterday from my ipad and liked the color very much.  Then this morning I went on my computer to look again, and the color was translating as very lavender (which I wasn't crazy about): thus the question I posted.  However, I'm back on my ipad and I really do love the color!

Thanks for letting me know that you plan to use yours all four seasons too.  That helps a lot. Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

Its funny you mentioned lavender. 

I looked today in a different light and it did look a bit of lavender.

But I believe its one of those colors that tend to look different with different light, etc.

Most of the time when I look at it, I see gray with a hint of taupe..hence where you may see the lavender.  Hopefully you will like it.

I am usually a stict black brown or sand color handbag girl...for me to love the OYSTER says alot.

Have a nice day.

Respected Contributor

I would carry that color year-round. I'm about to change over to a taupe Coach bag for the fall/winter and the only reason I change it out in the spring is because I want to give my pink Tory Burch a turn! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@Skididdy wrote:

Its funny you mentioned lavender. 

I looked today in a different light and it did look a bit of lavender.

But I believe its one of those colors that tend to look different with different light, etc.

Most of the time when I look at it, I see gray with a hint of taupe..hence where you may see the lavender.  Hopefully you will like it.

I am usually a stict black brown or sand color handbag girl...for me to love the OYSTER says alot.

Have a nice day.

Thank you.

Like you I don't venture into much color with leather bags.  I prefer the blacks, browns and camels too.  I think if you like it I probably will too since we seem to favor the same colors.thumbs up

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

I would carry that color year-round. I'm about to change over to a taupe Coach bag for the fall/winter and the only reason I change it out in the spring is because I want to give my pink Tory Burch a turn! Smiley Wink

Thank you for your opinion. I don't have any strict rules about what colors to carry when, but I do think some things just look summery.  So I'm glad to hear from another person who thinks this color will be seasonless.  happy

Honored Contributor

image.jpg

@faeriemoon:  I own this oyster bag, purchased from Dooney's site during their Friends & Family promo, and it's a keeper! I photographed it in natural light, but the color is reading more purplish than it actually is. It's really more of a taupey grey. I think it's neutral and seasonless. I hope you enjoy your satchel!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

image.jpg

@faeriemoon:  I own this oyster bag, purchased from Dooney's site during their Friends & Family promo, and it's a keeper! I photographed it in natural light, but the color is reading more purplish than it actually is. It's really more of a taupey grey. I think it's neutral and seasonless. I hope you enjoy your satchel!

@handygal2  Thank you for taking and posting the pic of your beautiful bag.  I've been wanting something in oyster, and when they trimmed in in T-moro I was a goner.  Again, thank you for the pic and the recommendation.

Honored Contributor

Dooney & Bourke Samba Leather Satchel

Here's the bag I've been yammering about.