Honored Contributor

Re: Pssst: Dooney Barlow lovers

@1Professor @hicindy2 et al:

Just received this bag in the navy -- Heart! Yes, it is a bit heavy, but that's not stopping me.

By the way, in case anyone is wondering, the handles are timoro brown and so are the side zips -- no red on this one. A subtle light gold stitch. The photo posted incorrectly has lighter handles, but the video shows the dark brown.

Valued Contributor

I keep re-looking at this bag.  Beautiful.  Can someone please describe the "taupe" color?  I've always liked the natural and the chestnut was too dark.  I hadn't considered taupe until seeing this post.      

If you had to describe the taupe, how would you describe it?  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Julie_23 wrote:

I keep re-looking at this bag.  Beautiful.  Can someone please describe the "taupe" color?  I've always liked the natural and the chestnut was too dark.  I hadn't considered taupe until seeing this post.      

@Julie_23 I have never seen the taupe color in person. It looks pretty online, somewhere between a mushroom and light chocolate? Maybe @EdithEllenLily or @1Professor can help? It also looks like the zippers are brown and not red.

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@Julie_23 wrote:

@Julie_23 I have never seen the taupe color in person. It looks pretty online, somewhere between a mushroom and light chocolate? Maybe @EdithEllenLily or @1Professor can help? It also looks like the zippers are brown and not red.

@Serendipity I think the taupe is a nice color, too. I have not seen it in person though...sorry I can't help. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Serendipity@EdithEllenLily --- thanks for the replies!!

YIkes, I didn't act quickly enough.  It looks like it's no longer on the site, and I can't find a TAUPE anywhere else!  I was definitely liking the color.  For some reason, I guess I was thinking the website carried more.

Mad at myself for not jumpiing on this.  Haven't been able to find taupe Barlow anywhere.  Maybe taupe isn't a common color?  Will keep looking for one.

Thanks again for the replies!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Julie_23 wrote:

YIkes, I didn't act quickly enough.  It looks like it's no longer on the site, and I can't find a TAUPE anywhere else!  I was definitely liking the color.  For some reason, I guess I was thinking the website carried more.

Mad at myself for not jumpiing on this.  Haven't been able to find taupe Barlow anywhere.  Maybe taupe isn't a common color?  Will keep looking for one.

@Julie_23 Yeah, I hadn't seen the barlow in that color before it was pointed out. Might be seasonal? Maybe it will pop back in stock or you could call them? I liked that it seem to have the brown side zips too! If I hadn't just ordered the navy, the taupe would have been my pick. I hope you find one! It's hard when there's a handbag that gets away! Maybe @hicindy2 has seen it somewhere else too?

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks so much, @Serendipity.   I will keep an eye out for it on the website and call them, like you suggested.  

By chance, you don't think it was their version of Elephant do you?  I'm looking at the photos on qvc compared to the one that was on ilovedooney.  Can't quite tell on the zippers.

I shouldn't have second-guessed it and jumped at it, though!

P.S. -- I hope you like the navy.  I'm sure you will.  Navy is such a nice color, too.

Honored Contributor

@Julie_23 wrote:

Thanks so much, @Serendipity.   I will keep an eye out for it on the website and call them, like you suggested.  

By chance, you don't think it was their version of Elephant do you?  I'm looking at the photos on qvc compared to the one that was on ilovedooney.  Can't quite tell on the zippers.

I shouldn't have second-guessed it and jumped at it, though!

P.S. -- I hope you like the navy.  I'm sure you will.  Navy is such a nice color, too.

@Julie_23 That's a good question. But the elephant looks much more grey to me, and definitely has red zippers and a red/wine trim, the taupe looked more light brown with dark brown zippers.

I did just receive the navy and do love it -- thanks! 

Valued Contributor

@Serendipity -- I'm so glad you got your bag and love it!!

Yeah, I loved the brown look of the taupe with the brown zippers.  I agree with you about the elephant being more grey-ish.  Thanks for confirming that about the zippers.  You have a good eye!  Now, I know to keep looking for the taupe.

Thanks again for your help!

Honored Contributor

@Julie_23 wrote:

@Julie_23 You're welcome! What a bummer that the taupe is gone! I hope you can find one at some point. It's a chic color. Good luck, EEL