Honored Contributor

Ahhhhhhhhh @Kachina624... The infamous Roadkill Coat... What a treasure that was... Remember, it came with the removable roadkill lining, that Susan actually suggested could be removed and worn as a vest... I suppose if one is going for the Wilma Flintstone/Betty Rubble look... it might be just the thing...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

I came to the forum to see what is up with Oryany. It's my favorite brand of handbag, and yet, there are NO new fall colors or styles? I'm suspicious. As others have said, there are plenty of new Kestenberg and Dooney bags.  I think Oryany is probably one of the few brands remaining on the Q that I'm even interested in.  I hope they aren't on their way out. 

Editing to add: I checked out Oryany's website and there is actually very little going on there, since summer. There is a winter "lookbook" but no new styles or colors. I wonder if maybe the company isn't doing well?

Honored Contributor

Bethanie posted this on her Facebook page about a week ago

Hi Renee. Thanks for writing! Sorry I didn't reply to your other comment sooner. The fall collection has been super successful and we have very limited quantities remaining. Madelyn blew out on Monday. Sorry you missed it. We will have some new items coming out for holiday and will have a whole slew of newbies coming out in January. Lately, we have all seen lots of clearance pricing at QVC for all brands. The difference is we are a smaller boutique brand with handcrafted bags and therefore cannot bring in the mass amounts of items other designers can who use bigger factories and machines to produce their bags. As for other styles in eggplant, check out Alexis and abbey in plum. We didn't have many bags offered in eggplant but those two are the most similar to eggplant. Hope this helps. Have a great weekend!

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

@jaxs mom thanks JM "handcrafted" is what draws me to this brand. I see a lot of bags I like in the oryany brand and definitely need to add one to my collection. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

Hi Renee. Thanks for writing! Sorry I didn't reply to your other comment sooner. The fall collection has been super successful and we have very limited quantities remaining. Madelyn blew out on Monday. Sorry you missed it. We will have some new items coming out for holiday and will have a whole slew of newbies coming out in January. Lately, we have all seen lots of clearance pricing at QVC for all brands. The difference is we are a smaller boutique brand with handcrafted bags and therefore cannot bring in the mass amounts of items other designers can who use bigger factories and machines to produce their bags. As for other styles in eggplant, check out Alexis and abbey in plum. We didn't have many bags offered in eggplant but those two are the most similar to eggplant. Hope this helps. Have a great weekend!

And my thoughts are that the Q probably didn't order too many new bags from them. They probably couldn't afford to with over-priced stock of their preferred brands sitting in their warehouses... Maybe if they stop pushing the same brands all the time and offer more variety they'll have different results... Aside from the prices and the shipping, I'm tired of Dooney and not a fan of Kestenberg, so that means QVC has become a non-starter for me when shopping for bags... I also don't get at all the way they've handled Halston bags and to a lessor extent, some Issac bags... They bring them in, rarely present them, and then slash the prices without ever really trying to sell them... Are they not allowed to try to market anything in any significant way that might compete with their 'preferred' brands...? Oryany used to be a regular presence here, but they rarely are anymore and while the explanation offered might hold some water, I'm not thinking it's the whole picture... Bringing in a 'slew' of new bags after... the holidays... Huh...? Just doesn't make sense...

I'd also note the Alexis and Abbey are old bags... And if the 'slew' of new bags is coming in January, does that mean they're primarily spring bags... and does that mean oryany is not producing a winter line or just that QVC isn't offering their winter line...

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

And my thoughts are that the Q probably didn't order too many new bags from them. They probably couldn't afford to with over-priced stock of their preferred brands sitting in their warehouses... Maybe if they stop pushing the same brands all the time and offer more variety they'll have different results... Aside from the prices and the shipping, I'm tired of Dooney and not a fan of Kestenberg, so that means QVC has become a non-starter for me when shopping for bags... I also don't get at all the way they've handled Halston bags and to a lessor extent, some Issac bags... They bring them in, rarely present them, and then slash the prices without ever really trying to sell them... Are they not allowed to try to market anything in any significant way that might compete with their 'preferred' brands...? Oryany used to be a regular presence here, but they rarely are anymore and while the explanation offered might hold some water, I'm not thinking it's the whole picture... Bringing in a 'slew' of new bags after... the holidays... Huh...? Just doesn't make sense...

I'd also note the Alexis and Abbey are old bags... And if the 'slew' of new bags is coming in January, does that mean they're primarily spring bags... and does that mean oryany is not producing a winter line or just that QVC isn't offering their winter line...

@steviebExcellent points you brought up.  It doesn't make sense  getting a "slew" of new in January.  You would think for the holiday season they would stock up especially new ones. 

Valued Contributor

Right, January makes no sense, whatsoever. It is too late for the holiday season and too soon for spring. What the heck? I'm not a business person, but I AM a shopper. The lack of stock seems unwise to me. QVC used to boast about how they had high inventory of each season's fashion while the season was still going on, (not that it was necessarily true, except maybe for the less popular items.) I guess those days are over and now they are only selling many months in advance?  It's too bad.  I like the sale prices but I don't want a summer bag in the fall/winter. I want richer colors and fall/winter styles.

Honored Contributor

@Suziqzee wrote:

Right, January makes no sense, whatsoever. It is too late for the holiday season and too soon for spring. What the heck? I'm not a business person, but I AM a shopper. The lack of stock seems unwise to me. QVC used to boast about how they had high inventory of each season's fashion while the season was still going on, (not that it was necessarily true, except maybe for the less popular items.) I guess those days are over and now they are only selling many months in advance?  It's too bad.  I like the sale prices but I don't want a summer bag in the fall/winter. I want richer colors and fall/winter styles.

Exactly, and somehow, other retailers manage to provide both... That is to say occasional real sales (and not just EP) and bags that are actually current... If others can do it, so can they... Otherwise, they're non-competitive as a purveyor of handbags... other, of course, than the relentless pushing of Dooney...

Valued Contributor

In many cases the TSV is coming back at a much lower price. I got the last Oryany TSV for 199 and it came back for one day at around 156.

Valued Contributor

QVC has had an affiliates discount for 2 months at the end of year for over a decade. This was a 20% discount offered to business partners such as cable/satellite providers and was something I looked forward to around the holidays every year. It was discontinued this year. Sales may be down over the year, but with this approach, the crucial holiday season may take a hit as well.