Valued Contributor

I went on Yahoo! To find out where, how etc. and who the inventor was, just to find out a little more about the brand and it showed the website, but it said "the website won't let me post on this site".  What's that all about?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Oryany bags web site

[ Edited ]

The owner and founder of the Oryany handbag line is Yacob Assayag. He is the ex-husband of Cherie Christmas and together they owned the Maxx New York handbag line.

The QVC Insider magazine did a profile article about him and the Oryany line a while back. April 2013 of the Q Insider magazine.

Super Contributor
Interesting. I was always under the impression this line was started for qvc.
I've not noticed it anywhere else, does he do the line exclusively for Q?
Honored Contributor

I too am curious about the current operation of this line. When it appeared, it was sold far more widely than it appears to be now. I used to see these bags sold by many retailers, now, I hardly ever see them at all. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

I know, I don't see them sold anywhere but the Q.  I wonder what country they are from?

Honored Contributor

Their website also appears to be a big mystery. And while the company still appears to be listed in NYC that might have changed. I saw that the company, as it was listed anyway, only has about twenty employees and did a couple million in business, which for a major handbag label isn't terribly significant... I've been wondering if this isn't a company in transition.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Regular Contributor

If you go to oryany.com it will take you to another site where there is info on the OrYany Co.  They have pictures of bags but they are not new ones.  They have info on the company's address in NYC, their phone # and any questions you might have for Customer. service.  Hope this helps!

Valued Contributor

Deedee14 thank you for the info, I will look them up.

Valued Contributor

Oryany is my favorite brand of handbag, currently, and I've been dismayed to see the seeming lack of selection or new merchandise on their website.  I believe they are still carried at Anthropologie.

I am hoping the spring season will bring about some chic new style choices. My preference is a hobo bag with both a shoulder and a cross-body strap.  I am not a fan of the tiny little handles that just fit over my wrist or elbow. As often as the presenters tell me that this is fashion-forward, it is impractical when one is schlepping the bag in the real world.  This is the reason I have not bought any new Oryany bags. The small handle trend is one I hope disappears soon. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Oryany bags web site

[ Edited ]

Here's some info I found by 'back door."

There is a web site called glassdoor. Job hunters use it to find out about companies. Employees of companies found here provide an inside look. They are anonymous.

Oryani is based in NYC.

Anyway, one said Oryani  was  good place to work, but said "on and off business because of the competition ". Not a good sign.

FYI. That feedback was dated January 2017.