Respected Contributor

Re: Need Advice on a Bag Please!

Dont be put off by negative comments on Saffiano.  I have a MK crossbody in it and i like it.  It is lightweight and not a delicate leather.  If you like the bag go for it.  

Honored Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

Dont be put off by negative comments on Saffiano.  I have a MK crossbody in it and i like it.  It is lightweight and not a delicate leather.  If you like the bag go for it.  

I took your advice and just bought it...it seemed like a great price.

My LV Alma is at least 15 years old and still looks like new...so if this crosshatch leather is similar, I'll be happy.

I have the Linea navy cardigan with gold buttons and I think I'll carry this bag.

Thanks for everyone's comments.

Honored Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

@BevG wrote:

I love MK bags and have several, however, I'm not a big fan of Saffiano leather.

What is the issue with this type of leather?

For me, it's how stiff the leather is while I'm trying to use it rather than how it looks.  I think it looks wonderful and very classy, however dealing with the stiffness of the leather has always bothered me.... JMHO 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Valued Contributor

I don't like staffanio leather either it looks like cheep plastic, check out Dooney bags, lots on sale prices, and they are quality bags. 

Honored Contributor

Saffiano is beautiful leather and is very forgiving... If you want a soft, cushy leather, it isn't for you, but otherwise, it's another very lovely leather option for those who enjoy it. Personally, I like all kinds of leather and can clearly tell the difference between nice leather and plastic...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Saffiano is beautiful leather and is very forgiving... If you want a soft, cushy leather, it isn't for you, but otherwise, it's another very lovely leather option for those who enjoy it. Personally, I like all kinds of leather and can clearly tell the difference between nice leather and plastic...

I've had my Alma bag for MANY years - it was basically a lifetime investment type bag.

I agree that people can easily tell the difference.

I usually like slouchier bags, but thought this MK bag might mix things up for me.

Thanks for the comments.

Honored Contributor

I'm another fan of Saffiano leather. A good quality is not stiff, and doesn't look like vinyl, IMO. And it's durable, and seems to repel dirt. For that reason, l think it's especially good in light colors for summer. It also doesn't show color transfer from denim as much as other leathers do-- especially pebble leather-- and is easy to clean.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Trust me when anyone in the know sees the MK logo on your bag they surely won't think its from Walmart nor will they think its cheap vinyl.

"Pure Michigan"