Honored Contributor

My Thrift Store Find!

[ Edited ]

I am so excited -- I just have to share!  

I was at our local GW store the other day.  Browsing for this and that.  What did I come across  - butr a beautiful dark red leather Tod's bag!!!  

Couldn't believe my luck.  It's a type of satchel/shopper.  The outside is unmarred in any way.  Inside has a tiny bit of wear, but not much.

Normally, the better bags, such as Coach, etc., the store will put a price of $25 or $30 on, but this one was marked as the usual ones  - $4.99!

Well, I recognized the Tod's name from shoes and knew this was a good name.  But I looked on line and saw that bags of a similar size and design - new, are selling for $900 up to $1500 and even more!

Yippee --- finally --- a real treasure!!!  

Spoiler

Didn't mean to put a spoiler --- got so excited --- I hit a wrong button!!  LOL!!!   

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

Sounds like Goodwill didn't know what they had!  Congratulations on your find!

Honored Contributor

Wow, what a triumph, that is truly a lucky find!  

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

You hit the jackpot!  Love browsing through thrift stores.  27 years ago I found a Chanel quilted bag for $25.  It has been authenticated to be the real thing.  I passed this on to my DD and she carries it with her to special occasions.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Esteemed Contributor

I once found three Hermes scarves, brand new, in their original boxes at a St. Vincent's.

Such finds are hard to come by, but fun when they do!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

Congratulations, AngelPuppy!!! You are a lucky girl! I'm sure it is a gorgeous handbag. I love Tod's! Enjoy it! Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Great findHeart  Some of my favorite handbags have come from second-hand stores.

Honored Contributor

Thank you all for your replies and for sharing your wonderful deals!  I don't think I ever got such a great item in a thirft store before.  As I said, I knew the Tod's name and knew that this was great quality, but really didn't know how expensive these bags were until I went on-line.  I was totally shocked!!!  I am certainly going to enjoy carrying this bag and will be proud to show it off.  Though, of course, I am not going to reveal to all how much I paid!  LOL!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Sounds like a bonus to me.  Smiley Happy

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

Great find.   Obviously, the store was not familiar with Tod. Sometimes it pays to go the second hand stores and Goodwill as a lot of wealthy women get tired of their clothes, etc. and donate.  Enjoy your bag.  Cat TongueCat Happy

kindness is strength