Respected Contributor

@SerendipityI believe that my SIL helped pay for this houseWoman LOL She paid big bucks for those faux leather KVZ bagsWoman Surprised She even gave me a couple for gifts. I only own one BM bag that I got at the Magic Shop cheap.

Trusted Contributor

He sold his business years ago and went into high price real estate on the west coast.    Off and on I have taken virtual tours of estates he had on the market.    I can not believe anyone would want hugh estates like that even when they can afford it.  IMO It is for show and to outdo their competition.  I live in another world so I just look and shrug my shoulders.  I do have several of his bags from years ago.  They are in beautiful shape and I still use them.  They not only look good but they have lots of organization which is a must for me.

Respected Contributor

The house doesn't have much appeal.  But I own several of his handbags and they all are of excellent quality and beautiful bags.

Respected Contributor

They dont live there.  He is a real estate developer and he built it on spec to sell.

Esteemed Contributor

What a waste of money. I would rather take that money and help homeless animals. Maybe since he seems to have way to much money he can buy some new clothes. Didn't he always wear the same jacket every time he was in the air?

Honored Contributor
Real estate market in California especially certain locations..not the norm for most areas. You would be surprised! Smallest property in Burbank where the studios located $$$$$$$$$$$$$ !!!!!!!!! Indeed!
Valued Contributor

I saw that article just a little while ago, and was shocked when I read it. I knew he wasn't doing purses, but I was surprised when I found out he was selling real estate.  I too have several of his purses, and they are still in beautiful shape, I'm glad I have them.

Super Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@Serendipity: A real glitz palace, to put it mildly!  Woman Surprised  l prefer more understated elegance, lol.

I contributed to that with my B Mak handbag purchases, so do l get any perks?!  Woman LOL 

Agreed, handygal!  I also "contributed" as well by purchasing a few of his handbags Smiley Happy  And I must say that his handbags were very well made, with nice organizational features.  Remember when he and KVD were always on the Q?  Ah, memories...

Regarding LA real estate, my dream place there would be much smaller.  There's a house on the end of Hollywood Boulevard on the way to Laurel Canyon.  Built in 1926, it was once owned by Carole Lombard, who lived there in 1934.  The house is 2,960 sq. ft. - a dollhouse compared to the mega homes of today.  Although it is not for sale, it's valued at about $2 million (yes, can you believe just one digit in front of the word "million").   The two photos below were taken a few years ago:Image result for 7953 hollywood blvd. los angeles, ca

This photo was taken in 1934, when Carole Lombard lived there:

Image result for 7953 hollywood blvd. los angeles, ca

Honored Contributor

@MissRose722 wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@Serendipity: A real glitz palace, to put it mildly!  Woman Surprised  l prefer more understated elegance, lol.

I contributed to that with my B Mak handbag purchases, so do l get any perks?!  Woman LOL 

Agreed, handygal!  I also "contributed" as well by purchasing a few of his handbags Smiley Happy  And I must say that his handbags were very well made, with nice organizational features.  Remember when he and KVD were always on the Q?  Ah, memories...

Regarding LA real estate, my dream place there would be much smaller.  There's a house on the end of Hollywood Boulevard on the way to Laurel Canyon.  Built in 1926, it was once owned by Carole Lombard, who lived there in 1934.  The house is 2,960 sq. ft. - a dollhouse compared to the mega homes of today.  Although it is not for sale, it's valued at about $2 million (yes, can you believe just one digit in front of the word "million").   The two photos below were taken a few years ago:Image result for 7953 hollywood blvd. los angeles, ca

This photo was taken in 1934, when Carole Lombard lived there:

Image result for 7953 hollywood blvd. los angeles, ca

@MissRose722 Ooohh, I love the house and the Carole Lombard tie-in, too! My Mom's parents had a house on Sylvan Lake in Indiana and Carole and Clark Gable would "get away" from Hollywood and go to a house there. Whether it was the castle or the rumored home on the island in the middle of the lake, everyone thought it was really cool. You can do a Google search for "Carole Lombard Sylvan Lake Indiana" and the first two links talk about the castle house and her home in Fort Wayne, photos included. Oh to be back in those days with all of the glamour!! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

i love that bmak house......very modern which is just my style.

if someone wanted to buy it for me i would not say no. LOL

he sold his last spec house for a lot of money. my guess is is that he knows what he is doing and more power to him.

what really got him all that money is selling the three businesses they owned. THAT is how he made so much money.......selling bmak, kvz, and tignanello to a huge company. he is a great businessman.

i do really miss their handbags.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein