Honored Contributor

@2blonde   No blinds? Guess I'd have to wear my robe. If it goes on the market, I'll pass.

Super Contributor

Re: Makowsky's Latest

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@MissRose722 wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@Serendipity: A real glitz palace, to put it mildly!  Woman Surprised  l prefer more understated elegance, lol.

I contributed to that with my B Mak handbag purchases, so do l get any perks?!  Woman LOL 

Agreed, handygal!  I also "contributed" as well by purchasing a few of his handbags Smiley Happy  And I must say that his handbags were very well made, with nice organizational features.  Remember when he and KVD were always on the Q?  Ah, memories...

Regarding LA real estate, my dream place there would be much smaller.  There's a house on the end of Hollywood Boulevard on the way to Laurel Canyon.  Built in 1926, it was once owned by Carole Lombard, who lived there in 1934.  The house is 2,960 sq. ft. - a dollhouse compared to the mega homes of today.  Although it is not for sale, it's valued at about $2 million (yes, can you believe just one digit in front of the word "million").   The two photos below were taken a few years ago:Image result for 7953 hollywood blvd. los angeles, ca

This photo was taken in 1934, when Carole Lombard lived there:

Image result for 7953 hollywood blvd. los angeles, ca

@MissRose722 Ooohh, I love the house and the Carole Lombard tie-in, too! My Mom's parents had a house on Sylvan Lake in Indiana and Carole and Clark Gable would "get away" from Hollywood and go to a house there. Whether it was the castle or the rumored home on the island in the middle of the lake, everyone thought it was really cool. You can do a Google search for "Carole Lombard Sylvan Lake Indiana" and the first two links talk about the castle house and her home in Fort Wayne, photos included. Oh to be back in those days with all of the glamour!! Woman Happy

@EdithEllenLily  What a wonderful story!  Thank you so much for the Google info as well!  Checked out the photos online - it's such a beautiful, peaceful area.  You were so lucky your grandparents had a home there!  It certainly looks like a true "get away" - even for Hollywood movie stars like Gable and Lombard.  And I also love those days of yesteryear with so much glamour! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i love that bmak house......very modern which is just my style.

if someone wanted to buy it for me i would not say no. LOL

he sold his last spec house for a lot of money. my guess is is that he knows what he is doing and more power to him.

what really got him all that money is selling the three businesses they owned. THAT is how he made so much money.......selling bmak, kvz, and tignanello to a huge company. he is a great businessman.

i do really miss their handbags.

@sunshine45

Bruce also comes from wealth .....  so he had a good running start in the cash department before he even started his own companies!

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

i love that bmak house......very modern which is just my style.

if someone wanted to buy it for me i would not say no. LOL

he sold his last spec house for a lot of money. my guess is is that he knows what he is doing and more power to him.

what really got him all that money is selling the three businesses they owned. THAT is how he made so much money.......selling bmak, kvz, and tignanello to a huge company. he is a great businessman.

i do really miss their handbags.

@sunshine45

Bruce also comes from wealth .....  so he had a good running start in the cash department before he even started his own companies!

thanks for sharing that @Tinkrbl44!

no, i didnt know that.

i also dont know how kvz figures into the equation.

i like him......not sure everyone feels the same.

li and fung purchased the three handbag lines for $330 million.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein