Super Contributor

Late to the Vera Quilted Leather game..

But I'm in love with these, and apparently good timing as I've gotten several pieces on sale the last couple months.

I just don't see much chatter around the Vera line anymore and wondered if anyone liked these pieces as well as I do. (Brahmin is my other fave)

I know Q doesn't bring this line on to air nearly as much as they used to. You can catch better prices during a Vera sale, just no ezpay.
Honored Contributor

Re: Late to the Vera Quilted Leather game..

Are they still featuring that odd orange/pink color in the leather bags?

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've seen it, not a fan of that.
I've got the solid black and a solid taupe and am really impressed with them.

Honored Contributor

Yes, they look very well made.  Too bad their fashion color was that weird color.

Super Contributor

They did have them in a solid fuchia as well, and the Emma and Sydney came in lavender, blush pink and a soft blue as well.. Without the crazy contrast color.

Honored Contributor

@Grnidkjun wrote:

They did have them in a solid fuchia as well, and the Emma and Sydney came in lavender, blush pink and a soft blue as well.. Without the crazy contrast color.

@Grnidkjun wrote:

Nice!!  When I was at the VB store earlier in the season they only had black, taupe and the coral/pink.

Respected Contributor

I really like Vera's leather, especially the quilted leather styles. Out of all my bags, I think this is the nicest quality leather I've seen.

I have a black small ella and a cognac small avery tote and the matching wallets.  I also got a backpack in black and denim which I have not used yet.  I was able to get the black ella at an outlet store in the fall and the other 2 in online sales this winter.  I am glad that they finally have started putting leather items on sale.  They had some good sales on their website this winter so keep a look out there. 

Super Contributor

Just fyi..

I was curious after watching several presentations on these bags on Q.

The hosts and rep keep stating  the gold tone hardware is gold plated.

I checked the Vera website which states gold tone.

It's not a deal breaker for me, but was curious about what was being stated on air.

It's also in the recorded presentations on you tube..

So I called Vera customer support.

They researched it and got back to me:

Thank you for taking the time to contact Vera Bradley. We enjoy interacting with our customers, and we appreciate the opportunity to answer your question. We did get clarification on the hardware for our Sycamore collection. Those items are gold-toned, referencing just the color and not containing any percentage of actual gold in the item. We hope this helps!

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact us. We appreciate your interest in Vera Bradley. We look forward to answering any questions or concerns that you may have in the future.

Super Contributor

I don't know if anyone is interested, but the Q rep is looking into why her information doesn't match what came from VB.

Plated or not doesn't matter to me, but I'm glad they are double checking for accuracy.
Super Contributor

Since they don't have a real VB employee as the guest any more (Liz, and another woman with short red hair), this gal probably isn't as close to product knowledge. She seems nice though...I recall her selling other bags on the Q so she must be a professional handbag guest. About the leather, I bought one in a pinkish/salmon color for my sister (more her style than mine) and found it at TJ Maxx for $89. Not sure if she is carrying it yet or waiting for Spring.