Honored Contributor

Kestenberg bag magnetic closures

Gosh, you'd think for the price of Aimee's bags, she could have them zip shut which is much more secure.

I'm liking the TSV in multi snake but do not like bags that aren't securely closed.  So my question is - for those of you who own her bags with magentic closures (which seem to be most of them), are they tight enough magnets?    I remember getting two or three home from Camila Alves' line and those never shut tightly enough for me.

Do Aimee's magents stay firmly closed?   The one she has demonstrated on air does but I'm not sure if I got one home it would.

Also on the TSV I'm wondering whether those thin traps would be strong enough to hold a lot packed into the bag (and the bag does look like it could hold a lot which I like!).

Honored Contributor

Re: Kestenberg bag magnetic closures

I prefer a magnetic closure to a zipper, but I don't like her bags. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

Her zippers are awful.  They get stuck and just don't work properly in general.  It irritates me because she goes on and on about the quality of their zippers.  After three purchases and three returns, I'm done with her products.

Honored Contributor

@makena  @jaxs mom  Thanks for the responses but I'm still looking for an answer about how strong  her  magnetic closures are.  Nothing in your posts addressed that.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@makena  @jaxs mom  Thanks for the responses but I'm still looking for an answer about how strong  her  magnetic closures are.  Nothing in your posts addressed that.

Well I thought if the quality of her magnents are that of the zippers, it would give you an idea of the thought put into her bags. 

Honored Contributor

@makena wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

Well I thought if the quality of her magnents are that of the zippers, it would give you an idea of the thought put into her bags. 

Well, no, since zippers are quite different from magents. 

Does anyone have a comment on how strong the magnets are? That would be helpful.

Honored Contributor

I have three of her bags and find that the magnets are quite strong and close with a snap.   I don't know how you could ask for better.   I like that she always includes outside pockets which are a must for me.   My favorite bag of all I own is a summer shade of turquoise that I bought from her website.   Look forward to moving back into it in a couple of months. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@makena wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

Well, no, since zippers are quite different from magents. 

Does anyone have a comment on how strong the magnets are? That would be helpful.

I'll be sure to think twice before responding next time.  Wow. 

Honored Contributor

@PearleeI have one her bags with the magnetic closure and it is really strong.  I haven't had any issues with it.  The multi snake is beautiful!

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Gosh, you'd think for the price of Aimee's bags, she could have them zip shut which is much more secure.

She has 3 outside zip pockets and one inside zip pocket on the TSV bag, as well as one magnetic closure that you have to open and reach your arm inside to get at, so I'm not sure how much more security you expect in a bag that isn't a specialty travel bag.

Personally, I always want a magnetic flap or slip pocket on the outside for fast access to my mobile phone.