Contributor

Kate Spade Orchard Street Mena Tote

Hi everyone,

Does anybody happen to own this handbag?

I'm looking for a good sized tote, but that isn't huge, and I really love this one.  I need to be able to put my everyday things, but also some diapers and kids stuff as well in there.

It's currently on sale on the Kate Spade website, but it's non-returnable, so I'm hesitant.

Just looking for opinions.

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Kate Spade Orchard Street Mena Tote

I don't own it. But what I do when I'm unsure of size is break out the measuring tape. What size is the bag you're carrying now and how many more inches of floor space do you think you'll need?

Looking at the bag, it's what I'd consider to be on the larger end of medium sized. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Contributor

Good advice - thanks.

I like the fact that it's not so wide at the top, like a lot of totes.  But, it has a wide base, with the organizer pockets which I really like. 

Do you have any experience with Kate Spade bags?  I have owned mostly Dooney And Bourke bags, but her bags are beautiful.

I will break out the measuring tape, and see what I can figure out.Smiley Surprised)

Trusted Contributor

I have been looking at that tote for awhile.  I am embarrassed to say that I have more than 30 KS bags-all sorts and sizes. This leather looks soft and it IS  an interesting shape. I can tell you that I have not experienced any problems with any of the bags I own. I live within 7 miles of 2 KS stores and employees at both have told me that bags that are less than 50% off are always returnable-no matter what it says.  You might call a store and ask them if this is their policy.  I know that buying final sale items you have not actually seen is risky.  Good luck.  I just purchased the Dooney Barlow from the Q and I am not pleased with the color striations all over the bag.. I will be sending that one back.  Had my eye on that one for a very long time and the full price was just too much.  Very disappointed.

Again, good luck and let us know what happens.

Honored Contributor

Oh my goodness....only 7 miles from two Kate Spade stores? Really? I would go crazy! I, too, own many many Kate Spade bags, wallets, umbrellas and even dishes and kitchen ware. Love KS! I don't own the bag in question here but it looks very lovely. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Contributor

Thanks for the reply!

I ended up finding an absolutely fantastic kate spade satchel at nordstrom rack - I LOVE IT! It has a lot of organizer pockets, and is a perfect in between small and medium size.  I have young children, and am expecting another in a few more weeks.  I need something I can throw a few diapers and wipes in, on top of my wallet.  This really fits the bill.  It has the ability to expand, but isn't enormous.  And the handle drop is just perfect, so it tucks securely under my arm, and doesn't swing all over the place!  I am so excited to own my first Kate Spade! 

I love the Mena tote, but it's just a bit pricey for me right now.  It's lovely, though.  Perhaps someday down the road.Smiley Surprised)

I had such tunnel vision with Dooney And Bourke for a while, that I sort of forgot to look around me at all the other handbag designers.  I still adore Dooney, but it's sort of fun to switch it up a bit.  I love the Florentine leather, it's so gorgeous.  I do know that striations in that particular type of leather is somewhat common.  I'm sorry it didn't work out for you.  The Barlow is a beautiful bag.

Thanks again for the advice!

Contributor

I second that!  I can barely contain myself in my local Nordstrom Rack, let alone an entire store containing only Kate Spade!

Such beautiful things!!