Honored Contributor

Re: It's fall soon and Lola wants new bags... and lots of 'em...

@handygal2 wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

Oh no!! Woman Sad The Maxx New York handbag in dark green that I bought from an ebay seller is SMELLY!!! Woman Tongue You read the listings and they look so lovely and say smoke-free environment. But they don't tell you about cooking odors! Woman Tongue The fabric inside of the bag smells of heavy ethnic spices. Ugh. Well, it was only $27.00 and I'm not sending it back to the seller...don't want to deal or offend. Mr. L hung it outside on the open porch next to our garage to hopefully get it aired-out enough to donate. If the smell won't come out, I'm throwing it away!! No more ebay bags for me. And moving forward for my bags, I will either donate them, sell them at my sister's garage sale or find a consignment shop like @handygal2 and @Sister Golden Hair. What a learning experience!! Woman Frustrated

@EdithEllenLily: I've taken a break from Ebay as well. The only bags l'll buy from there going forward will be "new with tags," where the seller shows several detailed photos, and allows returns.

I've also been burned a couple of times, where the bag wasn't in the condition l'd expected, and l couldn't return it. One in particular was classified as NWT, but it was an obviously used bag, and the tags were hastily tied back onto it. When l contacted the seller, she said it was a department store sample (she never said that in the listing), and she did not accept returns. Woman Frustrated

@handygal2 I'm sorry that happened to you as well! I can't stand getting juked like that! Smiley Mad

Esteemed Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

Oh no!! Woman Sad The Maxx New York handbag in dark green that I bought from an ebay seller is SMELLY!!! Woman Tongue You read the listings and they look so lovely and say smoke-free environment. But they don't tell you about cooking odors! Woman Tongue The fabric inside of the bag smells of heavy ethnic spices. Ugh. Well, it was only $27.00 and I'm not sending it back to the seller...don't want to deal or offend. Mr. L hung it outside on the open porch next to our garage to hopefully get it aired-out enough to donate. If the smell won't come out, I'm throwing it away!! No more ebay bags for me. And moving forward for my bags, I will either donate them, sell them at my sister's garage sale or find a consignment shop like @handygal2 and @Sister Golden Hair. What a learning experience!! Woman Frustrated

@EdithEllenLilyYou might want to take a dryer sheet and spray it lightly with some air freshener (I use Glade Linen) and hang it outside.  How disappointing. 

Even though I saw the nice Patricia Nash bag yesterday in Parisian Camo, I am taking a handbag break.   The shoddy workmanship displayed lately across the major brands has really made me reconsider my future purchases.  

I am still having luck with Vera Bradley but that is about it.  

EEL, I know you are tired of them, but I ordered the Mandy in Bohemian Blooms.  

I think it is a spring/summer print myself, but it is quite cheery.

Mandy Shoulder Bag

Still waiting for Dillard's to drop their shipping charges on this one: Winter Palace (exclusive print).

Vera Bradley Glenna Shoulder Bag

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 Hello! Just to clarify, I'm not tired of VB bags...I do like the ones I have which are just a few now and the VB Moon Blooms Pleated Tote is one of my favorites. Heart I'm just not buying any more VBs, nor do I plan to buy any more D&B. As I look at my master list of handbags, it's still way too long and I plan to do more paring down, here and there. I just had such a volume that I'm working on enjoying fewer handbags now. Woman Happy

Congratulations on your new Mandy! I'm glad VB is still a reliable brand! 

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily

Oh Edith, I am sorry that you receive a literal stinker.  I've never bought anything from ebay. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@EdithEllenLily

Oh Edith, I am sorry that you receive a literal stinker.  I've never bought anything from ebay. 

@Bird mama Thanks...Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

Edith, dear @EdithEllenLily could it be that all these rotten bags are trying to tell you something...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Edith, dear @EdithEllenLily could it be that all these rotten bags are trying to tell you something...

@stevieb Yes, yes, yes, yes and yes!! You know I totally believe in signs. Beyond time to stop. Better late than never. Woman Frustrated Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Longchamp Penelope Wristlet - Bloomingdale's_2SistersHeart Talk about a score today...all I can say is Wow. Magic Shop "Longchamp" black leather wristlet for $5.00. I saw the horse then the name inside and couldn't pay for it fast enough. I believe I got a good deal? Woman LOL  I guess she didn't look it up. Not sure but I was pleased to get this like new wristlet.
"

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

The cat bag is cute. I'm so not awake though. i got woken up at 5, I eventually went back to bed and now I just got back up. I'm so glad I don't have to go anywhere today because I'm completely out of it. 

@jaxs mom Are you feeling sick today?

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@EdithEllenLily Coffee beans are really good for getting out odors. And I use the really good smelling ones (White Russian) for room potpourri. And I like to drink thatn flavor too.