Respected Contributor

Is Dooney ever going to come out with some new styles????

To me, it looks like the same old styles with just new colors......and there will probably be the same styles with those gaudy summer prints..........I guess this brand isn't for me.  I hate stiff bags and I'd like to see more updated styles.  I was very underwhelmed at the show last night. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Is Dooney ever going to come out with some new styles????

I couldn't agree more with you.  There is nothing new with the styles same old styles just different colors and even the colors are really bad.  

Honored Contributor

I'm thinking not because so much of what they do show sells out.  Sometimes I don't really understand why, but it doesn't matter because it happens.

The question made me think of the old Avis car rental ads.  We're #2 so we try harder.  Dooney is #1 here at the Q so they have to try (new colors or sizes) but they don't have to try all that hard to get hundreds of buyers to shell out $200, 300, 0r 400 -  time after time.  I'd think that means those who want new could be out of luck if they stick to this line.

Esteemed Contributor

And most of the shoulder bags have that skinny strap that digs in your flesh.  Agree same old designs and way too many gaudy colors.  The D&B line has become stale.

Esteemed Contributor

All sell out?  I don't think so.  On TV they show bags flying out but go online the next day and see what's still available. Lots of colors still listed.   Interesting?

Honored Contributor

IMHO, Donney is on the Q so much these days that they no longer seem as "special" as they once did.  I stopped buying them anyway, since they're too heavy for me.

Honored Contributor

I wish they would have more styles with an outside pocket. It is so much easier than having to dig in your bag for every little thing.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I wish they would have more styles with an outside pocket. It is so much easier than having to dig in your bag for every little thing.

I agree. I love Dooney bags, but I prefer bags with an outside slip pocket or at least a pocket I can get to without digging. I want a pocket I can easily get my cell phone or keys in and out of. At least they have the key keeper, which makes it easy to get keys out of the main compartment, but I still prefer a pocket for my cell phone.

Right now I really like the Pebble Leather Domed Satchel because it has a slip pocket on the back that perfectly fits my iPhone 6 in its case. (It wouldn't fit a 6+.) That's been so convenient. 

I've recently switched to the Bitsy Bag because I'm carrying a big lunch bag and my computer to/from work many days and it was just too much to get them all up the stairs to my apartment. The Bitsy Bag holds all my essentials, but the cell phone has to go inside and that's just not as easy.

Valued Contributor

Why make new bags,when the old ones are selling? Not a fan of D&B handbags. I too like soft handbags.I have 3 Vince Camuto  soft leather handbags,one purple hobo,and a,black hobo, another black and white satchel. I also like Marc Jacobs handbags. Most  D/B handbags are stiff leather with thin straps. And only a few have outside pockets.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not until they unload the inventory that is stockpiled at the Q!  😜