Honored Contributor

If you could design your own perfect purse - what would it be?

I don't like purses made of such soft leather that it puddles and collapses when I set it down . I would like 8 outside pockets - 2 with zippers --in the front would be the 2 zipper pockets and behind then 2 open pockets - a pocket on each end and 2 pockets in the back.The bag would measure 12 wide x 9high x 4 deep. So it would be satchel style & have a long but adjustible shoulder strap. On the inside it would be made like a pursefection organizer, so you would not need to add one.No further pockets would be needed.And feet on the bottom. The hardware would combine yellow and white metals so it goes with everything. Of course I'd want it in black & tan  and also some pretty seasonal colors.

Respected Contributor

Re: If you could design your own perfect purse - what would it be?

I think you just designed the perfect purse although I could go an inch or two wider. Of course it would have to be lightweight too!

I love outside pockets.

Honored Contributor

I like all different kinds of bags, but I must have at least 2  outside pockets and a zippered pocket inside. Those thing are non- negotiable.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wonderfulworld OK - up the measurement to 14 x 9 x 4. 

I have an old Tig purse from back when they were all leather that is almost perfection. I used it as my base then added or subtracted from that to get the one that would be my ideal. I carry this purse everyday so I know it's pros & cons pretty well.

Esteemed Contributor

Those are all to big for me. My max is 9 x 6 x 3. I don't carry much so I don't like to carry luggage sized bags. One outside pocket is enough but I prefer a zip to over anything with a magnetic closure. Gold or silver doesn't matter to me. Must be lightweight but leather. Feet doesn't matter to me either.  I also like the kind that has a wallet built in if possible so I don't need a wallet. 

Esteemed Contributor

This Brighton Tony Organizer is pretty much ideal for me and has everything I like.  Just too expensive at $330 and Brighton never has a storewide sale. 

"Perfect for travel, this lightweight microfiber hobo features a fully functional front organizer pocket finished in luxe croco-embossed leather. Leave your wallet at home and have everything you need at your fingertips!"

• Width: 12"
  • Height: 9"
  • Depth: 4 1/2"
  • Strap: 14" - 25" Adjustabe
  • Exterior Pockets: 5
  • Credit Card Slots: 6
  • Top Closure: Ziptop
  • Interior Pockets: 3

Tony Organizer Hobo

Tony Organizer Hobo

Honored Contributor

Actually I don't care for handbags and try to avoid carrying them.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

Oh yeah - I forgot top zip closure.

Esteemed Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1  What do you carry your "stuff" in? A wristlet?

Honored Contributor

It already exists ....

North/south envelop style an adjustable strap and zipper closure -  with or w/o a flap.

Minimum hardware, no brand or logo or anything hanging on the bag.

That's the only style bag I ever buy.  I have them in variaous fabrics / leather / vinyl / sizes. / colors.