Honored Contributor

I'm not sure if I like my purse organizer

I received my Pursfection expandable organizer today and I'm not sure if I like it or not. I'd been considering buying one for awhile now to make it easier to change purses. I finally got one because the AK Lulu bag pockets leave a lot to be desired. 

On the plus side, I can fit everything I'd normally put in purse pockets in the organizer. It also makes my big bags seem less like a big cavern, and it also provides additional structure to softer bags. On the other hand, it doesn't work with my smaller purses, so I still have to transfer individual items when I use those. All my other bags have great pockets. It's just this AK bag that doesn't. I like using the pockets in my bags. I was getting around the pocket problem in the AK bag by using a second cosmetic bag. 

I also think the organizer adds weight and it takes up much more space in the bag than using the pockets. I don't think I'll like it as much when I need to carry my umbrella, hat and gloves because I'll have to stack them on top since the organizer takes up so much floor space. 

I don't know. I have 30 days to return it. I'm just not sure it's worth 30 bucks to keep since I only want it for one bag. I might just go back to the extra costmetic bag instead. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

Re: I'm not sure if I like my purse organizer

[ Edited ]

@jaxs mom  I understand what you mean. You love the Lulu bag and thought the organizer would fix not being able to use the pockets problem and then it takes all the room in the bag!!!

I think the cosmetic bag is a good idea. I have one or two bags that do not have a lot of pockets and that is what I do. I have an extra small bag I use to place all the little things I would of placed in pockets if I had them. This is why I love orYANY. They add so many functional pockets to all their bags and now all new bags have 3 zippered and 2 slip pockets. 

I ended up getting the orYANY Luciana in Evergreen. Thanks for your post about the strap. I haven't had issues with this in the past so I think it will be ok. I just love all the pockets on the outside and inside, the color and the organization on the inside. The leather is slouchy but it still holds it's shape. 

~Live with Intention~
Respected Contributor

I think purse organizers add weight too. I use the pockets inside and two zip pouches  that are just thin fabric and so far it is ok. I need to carry less junk around but that doesn't seem likely to happen.

Esteemed Contributor

I have thought about getting this many times but always wondered how it would work on bags that have a full zip center.  Do you put it on just one side?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

As much as I love all the pockets and zips on my Oryany bags the pewter color on the Lulu won it for me lol. But it's one bag in my collection so I think you're right I can just make due with the extra cosmetic.

I wish I'd thought about it before I ordered the organizer. I also didn't think about how I can't move things around in the bag with the organizer. I can't shove the umbrella on the bottom of the bag and put my wallet and cosmetic on top. 

@NycVixenI hope you like your Luciana, please post a review here when you get it. The Evergreen color is really nice. 

Honored Contributor

@birkin baby yes, I noticed it not only added weight but took up a ton of space for what was in it. 

@Biftu I don't currently have a bag with a center zip but I think yes, if you used an organizer you'd have to choose which side you wanted to put it in. 

Honored Contributor

Bummer, sorry you aren't happy with your organizer. I got a smaller Pursefection and love mine. It fits inside my medium bags and holds everything I need. It doesn't fit in small bags, but if my bag is small, I don't need an organizer. It would be lost inside my large totes, but I usually only carry those for events where I need to carry folders or large items, so that's not very often.

Before you return it, consider whether or not it might be a good organizer for travel. I got my Pursefection on clearance here at QVC and got more than one because I think the second will be good for travel. It zips closed across the top if needed, which is nice. 

Pursfection Portable Purse Organizer w/ 12 Pockets & Zipper Closure

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, shoot, too bad!  I had two of those, though not sure if they were the same brand.  I finally got wise, stopped carrying so much stuff around with me, & switched to a small crossbody bag.  Happy Camper now :-)

Edited to add:  The "organizers" I had got donated.  Hopefully someone else needed them more than I

Honored Contributor

Organization wise I don't really need one as I keep my bags pretty neat but I like mine when the purse is very soft as it gives the purse structure.

Honored Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

I have thought about getting this many times but always wondered how it would work on bags that have a full zip center.  Do you put it on just one side?

I have not successfully used mine with that type of purse.