Honored Contributor

Re: I'm at that point in winter where I just,,,

I'm at a point in winter where I too would like to see some winter here is SE Michigan.  I don't like spring, period, so this warmer and rainy weather is getting my goat already :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Sorry,  but I don't understand what the season has to do with the weight of the handbag you carry.   Color I can get but weight? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Since I've gotten older, I can't stand to carry a bag that is heavy to begin with.  The first criteria of purchasing a new bag is that it has to be lightweight.  I need quite a bit of stuff since I still work.  But I also carry a tote bag so a lot of the overflow goes in it.  If am going shopping I usually carry a very small bag so that I am not over-loaded.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Sorry,  but I don't understand what the season has to do with the weight of the handbag you carry.   Color I can get but weight? 

In the warmer months I don't carry a heavy leather bag.  As my clothing lightens up, my bag lightens up.

I know there are people who carry their big black leather bag in the summer, but I'm not one of them.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm just now carrying a light and small bag. Why? Because all the snow shoveling for the past month is giving me back and neck pain and a heavy big bag is aggravating when I go shopping.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama wrote:

I'm at a point in winter where I too would like to see some winter here is SE Michigan.  I don't like spring, period, so this warmer and rainy weather is getting my goat already :-)

@Bird mama... I like spring, but when it's supposed to BE spring... And, as you know, if it's any consolation, we're not getting winter this year so far either... We've seen a dusting of snow and that's it. I think there have been maybe four actual cold days. Honestly, we get enough damp, muggy weather as it is, we didn't need a winter too with most days in the 50's, grey skies and drizzle as our almost daily forecast... I'm feeling ripped off because I like winter, within reason. It's getting so we have winter around here every few years and that's about it. Gosh, we used to have it every year.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Winter doldrums? 

We have had snow and then it disappeared. Had lots of rain. Wanted a different kind of handbag that was neither black and tan nor heavy. I don't take out my nicer bags if the weather is bad. On a whim, I picked up the Isaac saffiano satchel when it was on special.  Because it's saffiano and it doesn't weigh a ton, I figured it would perk up my coats. When the weather becomes warmer, it will make a nice sprng/summer bag. And I was happy that it didn't cost an arm and a leg. I was always tried to have a red coat. I do have black coats, of course. And navy, camel and winter white. 

Of course, when we get our worst weather, this all goes out the window.