Honored Contributor

I'm at that point in winter where I just,,,

... can't stand shlepping around a heavy bag, and start foraging through my handbag collection for something lighter.  Considering taking a break with a black Baggallini or nylon Dooney.  This phase will last a few weeks, then I'll be back to not minding the weight.  Happens every year... 

Image result for shrug emoji

Respected Contributor

DooRe: I'm at that point in winter where I just,,,

You too? Went through my "bucket" of handbags, put two in a box ready to send back to Dooney for an exchange and lined up the others, which one do I want now?

Decided Valentines Day will be a good day to switch, waiting till then.

I already bought my Spring bag so Easter will be the next switch.

I found out that if you "plan" your switches, won't rent space in your head.

Lugging around my Coach now but when it bothers me, I think Valentines Day is just around the corner.

Honored Contributor

Re: I'm at that point in winter where I just,,,

I get it but where I am the worst of winter hasn't even arrived yet.  It's only mid Jan and Feb is the coldest and snowiest month.  And then there's March.  I don't get the urge to lighten up until April when we see the first signs of spring.

Esteemed Contributor

That happened to me about a year ago....every handbag I owned seem to weigh a ton...I bought a small crossbody Lug....nice handbag but too small...so I opted for a Travelon Handbag..turns out I love it...not real stylish...but so practical and lightweight crossbody...has everything i needed in my old age..lol...I donated my collection of bags to a local food bank that also gives away clothing...bags....household items..etc etc....(never seen the place) just what the woman told me...

Trusted Contributor

i go through this pretty much weekly. i love my large leather bags until i don't, then i switch to my pochettes until i'm frustrated that they're too small! the cycle goes on and on. 

Super Contributor

I'm the same way. I decided to sell all of my handbags. Most were Florentine Dooneys. It took me a while to decide what I wanted to purchase. I decided on a Coach croco mini campus backpack. I have been using it for a couple of months now and I don't for see myself ever going back to a handbag/purse again. I've gotten so many compliments on this backpack. I love hands free.IMG_20170118_143348.jpg

Respected Contributor

Agree! My go-to bag lately has been my new Dooney "Cambridge" crossbody in black with honey tan trim. I toss it over a heavy coat, and it looks great and holds the basics. I am in love with the leather-lined "Cambridge" bags. Timeless Dooney.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I get it but where I am the worst of winter hasn't even arrived yet.  It's only mid Jan and Feb is the coldest and snowiest month.  And then there's March.  I don't get the urge to lighten up until April when we see the first signs of spring.

Agree!!  Still a looooooong way to go!

Trusted Contributor

I was a large bag lady until about 20 years ago. I started working for Dillard's.  There because of security reasons we only could carry a small crossbody Brahmin purse and everything else went into a clear plastic bag they supplied.  So when I went to the grocery store I always grabbed my small purse. Well that's all I use now. It's amazing how much you don't need. It's nice having your hands free.

Honored Contributor

Congrats @faeriemoon if you're having winter. I think that after having actually had one last year, but not much of one the two years before, we might be skipping it again this year... And I actually like winter. As for bags, I go back and forth on the heavier leather versus lighter non-leather on a regular basis. Lately, it's been a revolving door of handbags. Right now, I'm in a fabric bag. Who knows what'll be next...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...