Honored Contributor

How is the quality of leather and construction of orYany bags?

I'm on waitlist for an expensive orYany, $300+, and I'm having reservations after reading reviews on some of their other bags. How is the quality of the leather and construction? The bag I bought is a pebble leather with a stamped basket weave look. Please let me know your opinions. Thanks Ladies.

Honored Contributor

Re: How is the quality of leather and construction of orYany bags?

I just bought my 9th bag from their line. I really like their bags. I've read the complaints but I haven't returned one yet. I've returned Dooney's though. The basketweave embossing is new and I don't think anyone has received one yet to review that specific leather. Most of mine are their pebble leather but I also have their nappa leather, diamond leather and suede. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Based on the few I have, the leather is thick and sumptuous, which means it can be a bit heavy. The construction is good. I know that at one point there were some reported issues with the hardware on some bags, though I haven't yet had a problem in this area. I believe I know the bag you reference and I thought the price was a bit high, but that's a matter of individual perspective and since I didn't much care for the bag it stands to reason that I wouldn't want to pay that much for it. Others, clealry, felt differently as it appears to be sold out.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Mindy D

If you are talking about the Kaley, I bought it in olive and just received it on Friday.  Most I have ever paid for a bag and I have zero regrets.  Beautiful bag.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@Mindy D

If you are talking about the Kaley, I bought it in olive and just received it on Friday.  Most I have ever paid for a bag and I have zero regrets.  Beautiful bag.

Mine just came in black. Strangest thing about it is that it doesn't look like leather to me. Then main part of the bag and the handles look like faux leather. It doesn't smell like leather either. I'm going to take it outside and look in daylight. I wanted the sand, but they were sold out and I usually wear black shoes so I tried the black. I'm hoping I'm mistaken. Thank you all for responding. 👜

Valued Contributor

I wouldn't have an Oryany bag if you gave it to me.  They stink and the lining is hideous.

Honored Contributor

I've never had an issue with smell and I like the lining. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Regular Contributor

The leather quality and construction of my one orYany was great, but the zipper broke maybe 6-7 weeks after I started carrying it..  Fortunately,I bought it during the extended return time at the end of the year for Xmas.  It was well made and very light weight for its size.  Have been a little wary of trying another, however.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D

For the price of the bag, it either grabs your or it doesn't.  Seriously, follow your gut and return it if you don't absolutely love it.  For the price, it shouldn't have to grow on you :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I have two, a backpack and a TSV from last year and LOVE them!  The leather is thick and plush.  The stitching is superb, the zippers smooth. The only thing I don't like about the brand is the green Moroccan lining.  I put up with it but really don't like it.  However I understand OrYani is changing out their linings....

All in all I find their bags extremely well made and made of fine materials, and styled conveniently.... well worth the price.  Enjoy!!

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*