Esteemed Contributor

Hey D & B Nylon Lovers

[ Edited ]

Quite a conversation we have going today over nylon bags. I am still sticking with my QVC Logo Lock nylon.  However....

Just as a point of reference or comparison, ILoveDooney has the Juliette Hobo in nylon for $89.  The bag was listed as $198. So, nylon bags have gone up in price over the years and Dooney's nylon is very nice; I have a navy satchel in the nylon. Better quality than the Kiplings or Baggallini ; not at all "crunchy".

It is a different configuration, but has a zipper top, single handle, and feet on the bottom per the description.  Larger bag: H 9.5" x W 6.25" x L 15.25

Again, no outside pocket though.  Limited colors.  

Black/Black thumb-1

Black/Black thumb-1

Black/Black thumb-1

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2Thanks for the comparison    I am also sticking with my first choice.  I like the shape better and even my color.  I'm glad to see your confirmation of the quality of Dooney's nylon.

I buy very few bags -  although if I like this bag as much as I want to, I will probably immediately but it in black or some neutral, I might not then buy another bag for 5 years. 

Respected Contributor

A couple of points about the Dooney nylon.  First they have produced several different versions over the last few years.  The first i purchased was the Smith bag in black.  Liked it but didnt carry it much actually.  Nice nylon.  Then last year i bought three of the crossbodys with the front zipper pocket.  In my book it is the most useful style for me hands down.  This was the year they started describing it as Italian nylon.  It is a little bit more canvas like.  Nice grade of nylon.  I purchased over the year black, pink and black/black.  And here is my #2 comment--The pink seemed to absorb dirt at the bottom corners, and i try to be very if not obsessive about not setting any bag down on the floor etc.  So i tried the soap and water, "no worries" cleanup that Sue C. suggests with the nylon.  Well i never was able to get the dirrty spots completely out.  The nylon seemed to absorb the dirt .  So my advice is that if this is the kind of thing that bothers you, dirty corners etc, stick to the darker colors in the nylon.