Super Contributor

Help me decide!!!...Lug Airbus2 or Pontoon?????

I'm new to the LUG brand....can't decide which one I want - between the Airbus2 or Pontoon...I plan to also buy the Boxer...but definitely need one for a few days...HELP! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Help me decide!!!...Lug Airbus2 or Pontoon?????

@topcat10 wow, tough choice.  At first I liked the airbus2, then after looking back and forth...I like the pontoon better....they are both really cute!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@topcat10 wrote:

I'm new to the LUG brand....can't decide which one I want - between the Airbus2 or Pontoon...I plan to also buy the Boxer...but definitely need one for a few days...HELP! 

I have several Lug bags now, but not these two. I think it depends on the kind of organization you want.

The Airbus has those 3 large pockets on the outside where you can put anything. It has some great pockets inside the large front zip pocket for small items. It doesn't have any clear zip sections, which the Pontoon does.

If you want to organize small toiletries or items you need to see at a glance, the Pontoon manages that well. (Too bad that section with the plastic compartments doesn't zip out to carry to the bathroom and hang on the door.)

Aside from that, they seem very similar and the dimensions and weight are very close.

I have the Boxer, Propeller, Puddle Jumper Wheelie, Ace, and Hopper and love most of them. I like the Puddle Jumper, but I wish it had a padded shoulder strap and that the inside pockets weren't SO big that they gape if the main compartment isn't stuffed.

Super Contributor

chynnablue....wow!, you are a "lugnut"...yeah, i've watched both demos and still can't decide totally...but i think i'm leaning more towards the airbus2...thank you so much for your reply.

Super Contributor

mickd...yes, they are both cute and i keep going back and forth too.

Honored Contributor

@topcat10 - I don't have either one of the ones you're thinking about, but I do have the Propeller, which is a little smaller than both of these. I've used it for everything when I travel. It's great as an airplane carry on. If you're not worried about fitting on an airplane, I would go with the Airbus 2. Those three zip pockets on the front are nice, and the pocket for shoes (or whatever) on the side is handy too. JMHO! Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

beachmom...thank you! - it looks like airbus2 it is and the easy pay on that one is sealed the deal.

Honored Contributor

@topcat10 wrote:

@topcat10

???   Item numbers?

Valued Contributor

@topcat10 wrote:

beachmom...thank you! - it looks like airbus2 it is and the easy pay on that one is sealed the deal.

I watched both the presentations and the Airbus 2 would have been my choice too. Both are nice and there are some features on each bag I like better than on the other.  Easy pay frequently helps me decide on purchases..so good choice!