Contributor

Re: Handbags made in the USA: Let's make a list

Some Louis Vuitton's are made in the USA

Respected Contributor

I have one very well made leather bag by Libaire. This line is made in USA. The workmanship is excellent. They do have a website. The bags are very basic in style and color, but good quality.

Honored Contributor

Tylie Malibu (I think.)

Contributor

On 4/1/2015 maximillian said:

I have one very well made leather bag by Libaire. This line is made in USA. The workmanship is excellent. They do have a website. The bags are very basic in style and color, but good quality.

I posted this, the other day, in another thread, I didn't know we could post company names. I purchased an orange tote a couple years ago and still get compliments. I think a lot of us are tired of the bling and the weight that goes with it.

"I'm with you, a zipper top is a must. I found a company in Berkeley, California that makes leather bags that are wonderful. Probably can't say the name but it starts with an L and ends with an e. Goggle leather purses in California and it should show up. Also made in USA."

Honored Contributor

On 4/1/2015 kathoderay said:
On 4/1/2015 sidsmom said:
On 4/1/2015 kathoderay said:

Yes, they even make exceptional handbags in the good 'ole USA. Wink

Pretty items! Even King Ranch Saddle Shop has beautiful items. A lot of saddle shops carry beautifully made leader goods, as well...all American made.

Yes they do! There really are so many made in the USA options if we step away from the shopping channels...

It's not just the shopping channels, the stores carry many brands of bags and many of them are 'imported'... If anything, brand options on home shopping are more limited than in stores, but it wouldn't seem that means stores are more likely to offer domestic goods.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

On 4/1/2015 m2p said:

I posted this, the other day, in another thread, I didn't know we could post company names. I purchased an orange tote a couple years ago and still get compliments. I think a lot of us are tired of the bling and the weight that goes with it.

"I'm with you, a zipper top is a must. I found a company in Berkeley, California that makes leather bags that are wonderful. Probably can't say the name but it starts with an L and ends with an e. Goggle leather purses in California and it should show up. Also made in USA."

Very nice and well-priced.

448-front.jpg 168-angle.jpg 515-angle.jpg496-front-4135-a.jpg

Contributor

On 4/1/2015 Hi Cindy said:
On 4/1/2015 m2p said:

Very nice and well-priced.

448-front.jpg 168-angle.jpg 515-angle.jpg496-front-4135-a.jpg

Hi Cindy, thanks for posting some of the photos. The one on the bottom left is the one I got in orange. The straps are long enough to wear as a shoulder bag, and the pockets on the ends are zippered and perfect for keys.
Valued Contributor

Hi cindy,

Thanks for the post of American made handbags! I looked cat cindab.com and this one caught my eye. Since you have purchased this style, do you like it after receiving it and did you have any problems ordering etc?

Image result for images cinda b mini hobo in tortoise

Honored Contributor

You could get a pattern and sew your own.........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

On 4/10/2015 Desertdi said:

You could get a pattern and sew your own.........

I wish I was talented enough to sew my own, but I'm not. I'm afraid it wouldn't look anything like a handbag. my niece on the other hand makes her own patterns and sews her own handbags, she is very "crafty".