Honored Contributor

Re: Handbags are a Girl's Best Friend...

@jaxs mom

Cute shoes.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

s-l300-1.jpg

So I bought those shoes I've been coveting and they came today, they fit perfectly and are just as cute in person as I thought they were online. Don't worry I don't expect you all to love them as much as I do. Anyway, they are black patent with black satin laces. 

You know, they are cute @jaxs mom!! Woman Very Happy

Valued Contributor

Okay, I have found my dream bag

image.jpeg

Yes, it's a vintage Birkin.  Found it on an auction site, the estimate is $20,000-$25000.  That's used.  Honestly, who buys these bags?

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom

When you are sitting, maybe watching tv, just keep the shoes by you and start manipulating the leather.  Seriously, bend the shoe, and work the leather especially the spots that are nagging your foot now.  I had to do that with mink oil for 5 days with my ugg shabooties.  I was determined to wear them and not bleed, lol.

When I was a little girl, I remember using vaseline to shine my patent leather shoes.  Good memories :-)

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@jaxs mom

When you are sitting, maybe watching tv, just keep the shoes by you and start manipulating the leather.  Seriously, bend the shoe, and work the leather especially the spots that are nagging your foot now.  I had to do that with mink oil for 5 days with my ugg shabooties.  I was determined to wear them and not bleed, lol.

When I was a little girl, I remember using vaseline to shine my patent leather shoes.  Good memories :-)

@Bird mama Ok thanks, I'll try that. Right now, I'm just wearing them with socks so they don't dig in too much. It's only when I hit a certain point in the walking motion that the tongue digs into the top of my foot. At least it's not the back ankle, it took me a good week of wearing my Doc Mary Janes to break in the ankle. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

LOL I took tap dancing lessons when I was 5 

Tap was my favorite @jaxs mom! I also took ballet, toe and jazz. Hated jazz...one year only and that was it! I eventually got to wear the 'big girl' tap shoes and did I ever feel fancy at age 12! 

Image result for high heeled tap shoes

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

LOL I took tap dancing lessons when I was 5 

Tap was my favorite @jaxs mom! I also took ballet, toe and jazz. Hated jazz...one year only and that was it! I eventually got to wear the 'big girl' tap shoes and did I ever feel fancy at age 12! 

Image result for high heeled tap shoes

I didn't do tap that long, I moved on to ice skating. I do have some pictures of me at a tap recital around here somewhere. I've always loved ballet but I never took it. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@athenian wrote:

Okay, I have found my dream bag

image.jpeg

Yes, it's a vintage Birkin.  Found it on an auction site, the estimate is $20,000-$25000.  That's used.  Honestly, who buys these bags?

@athenian It's BEAUTIFUL!!! Heart

Honored Contributor

@NycVixen wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

Okay, I'm confused (no surprise, lol).

Who else here is born in August and did I miss your birthday already?  

Not asking for the birth year, what is the birth date.  Did I miss it already?

Help me out here people, I think I'm posting on too many threads and getting lost in the sauce, rofl.

@Bird mama: Next up are the Virgos. I believe @stevieb is late August, I'm early Sept., and then @NycVixen.

Happy Birthday to all the Virgos. Mine is at the end of August.

@NycVixenHeart I'm really glad to see youHeart

Happy Birthday and may you have a wonderful dayHeart

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom

If you work the tongue (eww nasty, lol) and the upper part of the shoe like you might work a stiff strap on a handbag, you'll be able to loosen the leather without cracking the patent finishing.  I usually have to work the edges that hit my ankle area.  Bony ankles don't like stiff edges of shoes. :-)