Honored Contributor

Re: Handbags are a Girl's Best Friend...

@handygal2 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Can you tell me about the color @handygal2? I've watched the video and seen the pictures but first-hand is always best...

@stevieb: Sorry for the delay in replying-- I just got back from dinner. The bag in person is darker than in the Evine representation. It's not coral at all-- it's more of a burnished rust, with darker, subtle shadings on the tooled areas. Here's a photo of mine:

image.jpeg

IRL it's darker, and the shadings are more subtle than in the photo.

Thanks @handygal2... I'm trying to hang tough. I really want the navy bag and don't think I want to spend money on both of them... But time will tell if I weaken...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

By the way, is there some secret to breaking in patent leather shoes? My only other pair are sandals. On these ones the tongue is kind it stiff and digging in a little. I decided to wear them around the house with socks. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom: Very cute shoes!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

s-l300-1.jpg

So I bought those shoes I've been coveting and they came today, they fit perfectly and are just as cute in person as I thought they were online. Don't worry I don't expect you all to love them as much as I do. Anyway, they are black patent with black satin laces. 

Taking tap dancing are ya... or did you join the color guard.

Woman Very Happy

Just playing with you @jaxs mom. They wouldn't be for me, but they're neat looking.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

LOL I took tap dancing lessons when I was 5 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@Sister Golden Hair wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

Of course I am curious to receive my BB items and they are taking FOREVER to get here! One was sent to Chicago and the tracking information says 'forwarded' -- to where? My items never go through Chicago...they come directly to our town! The other items are apparently nowhere near here...but were billed a few days ago. Very frustrating to pay the shipping on each item and then the items take several days to get here! Woman Frustrated

@EdithEllenLily: The only BB item l ordered -- the vine ring in sapphire-- is still in transit, too. It's at my local post office. I'm hoping it will arrive tomorrow!

@handygal2 It should be there tomorrow.

@Sister Golden Hair@EdithEllenLily: It's here! l knew it would be a keeper b/c l have it in citrine in a larger size. This is a different look. While the other is tonal, with the citrines blending with the gold leaves, this one puts more emphasis on the stones. The sapphires are a very dark blue, but they definitely don't look black. I'm very happy with it! EEL, l hope your items arrive today as well!

@handygal2 I am so glad your beautiful BB vine ring in sapphire finally arrived and is a winner! Enjoy it and it will be a nice remembrance of your birthday and of shopping with your handbag friends! Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

Well, after many months of searching, l finally found the "just right" bag for me in the PN Old World Traveler pattern, and at a good price to boot. I can now join the ranks of @stevieb and @Sister Golden Hair. It's the East-West Tote at Evine, clearance priced at 30% off. Happy early birthday to me again.  Woman Very Happy

image.jpeg

The more I look at this pattern the more I like it! Congrats on getting this way cool bag on sale for your birthday @handygal2!! Don't leave this one on your guest room bed, okay? Woman LOL Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@NycVixen wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

Okay, I'm confused (no surprise, lol).

Who else here is born in August and did I miss your birthday already?  

Not asking for the birth year, what is the birth date.  Did I miss it already?

Help me out here people, I think I'm posting on too many threads and getting lost in the sauce, rofl.

@Bird mama: Next up are the Virgos. I believe @stevieb is late August, I'm early Sept., and then @NycVixen.

Happy Birthday to all the Virgos. Mine is at the end of August.

Happy Birthday @NycVixen !! Great to see you! We miss you! Heart

Image result for birthday cake Prada handbag

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

By the way ladies... Just so you know... Coming up later this year...

The Edith E. Lily Golden Baggie Awards recognizing those who have contributed most to conspicuous handbag consumption during the year...

You won't want to miss the Golden Baggies...

c5a4f3bae6e4b87c60d157e95e2fa4bf.jpg

Woman LOL Woman LOL Woman LOL Woman LOL Woman LOL Woman LOL Woman LOL Woman LOL Woman LOL Woman LOL Woman LOL Woman LOL

Oh.My.Lord...you can't live with her...or without her...

ALL I KNOW is you better not ever, ever leave your friends here! You make us laugh, you keep us in line, you are our friend and we love you a lot. Heart EEL

@stevieb

Honored Contributor

@NycVixen

It's lovely to see you Vixen.  Happy Birthday to you :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise