Honored Contributor

Re: Handbags are a Girl's Best Friend...

@Bird mama Maybe you should have both of Prince's eyesWoman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom What is the reason that you wear this type of earring? Is it just the style?

I have to go for a bit and will be back.

Honored Contributor

@Sister Golden Hair wrote:

@jaxs mom I have always wondered how you blow your nose with you have an earringWoman LOL

I had what they call a nose screw in mine. Well I had a ring in my nose for awhile during healing but I normally wore the nose screw. It's basically bent so it's secure but flat against the inside of your nose. They are custom bent by the piercer for your specific nose. You don't feel much inside. It's not a big deal to blow your nose. 

@Sister Golden Hair

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@jaxs mom I have always wondered how you blow your nose with you have an earringWoman LOL

I had what they call a nose screw in mine. Well I had a ring in my nose for awhile during healing but I normally wore the nose screw. It's basically bent so it's secure but flat against the inside of your nose. They are custom bent by the piercer for your specific nose. You don't feel much inside. It's not a big deal to blow your nose. 

@Sister Golden Hair

@jaxs mom Learn something every dayWoman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

So, I'm sure no one really cares LOL but I got two more holes in my right ear today. I've been wanting to get them for ages and I finally found a great piercer here and she was super nice. I guess she does tattoos also so I think I might have found a new tattoo artist also. I'll have to go back and look through her book and see if her style is what I'm looking for. I have a few different ideas floating around my head. 

@jaxs mom So how many holes do you have? Do you wear earrings all the time even to bed?

I would like to get a hole at the top of ear but I'm such a chicken. I guess you only have one hole in only one ear? What is cool?

@Sister Golden Hair I have 6 in my ears now. I got my first set at 13, my second set in my early 20s. I had issues with my second holes though. I thought it was because I have a nickle allergy. Everytime I wore earrings in my second piercings they would get hard and be irritated. So I never wore earrings for years. Because if I did they'd bother me. Finally about seven years ago I went to body piercer and they were still open, but shrunk so much I couldn't get earrings in easily. So he used a taper and put earrings in. Since then I've worn earrings 24/7. I mostly wear studs or plugs so yes I sleep in them. I can even sleep in my captive rings, but I don't very often, I'll just switch them out before bed. 

My issue before was that I didn't wear earrings in my upper holes often enough so they would shrink and then I had a hard time getting earrings in. I've since stretched them to a little bigger gauge. They still look like normal though. I only wear fashion earrings once in a blue moon now, I wear body jewelry instead. 

The hole at the top has different names depending on placement but it's a cartilage piercing. Those can take 9 months or longer to totally heal. I want to get one but I've been chicken too. Even though everyone I've talked to says it doesn't hurt much. My nostril piercing was like bad pinch and made my eyes water. That's the worst one I've ever gotten. And it wasn't bad. But maybe it helped that I'd been tattooed multiple times and that takes a lot longer than any piercing does haha. 

If you get any piercing please go to a professional body piercer that uses a needle and not the gun like they use at those mall stores like Claires. 

@jaxs mom What is a captive ring? I can't wear cheap earrings. Just a few hours and they are hurting. So it is only the bestWoman LOL

I never wear earrings unless I'm going somewhere. I was 35 when I got my ears done.

It was done at the beauty shop and they did a great job.

I would never get a tattoo, never. I dislike needles and chicken.

After awhile you don't even notice you're wearing the earrings. I've worn them in all my holes 24/7 for years and years now. 

Ironically I've always been dealthy afraid of needles. Which wasn't great when I had chemo. But the tattoo needle doesn't scare me at all, because it just goes in the top couple layers of skin. It's nothing like getting a shot. I don't generally watch them tattoo me though, I look somewhere else in the room. @Sister Golden Hair

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom What is the reason that you wear this type of earring? Is it just the style?

I have to go for a bit and will be back.

I don't wear them often, but the bead makes it so they can't come out of your ear. So you can do anything in them including sleep. None of those push on backings that hurt when talk on the phone or try and sleep. They are also made of materials like titanium and surgical steel that your body shouldn't react to. It's basically the body jewelry quality version of a hoop earring. @Sister Golden Hair 

I'm probably going to go soon also, 

Honored Contributor

LOl I feel sorry for the other girls coming back to a bunch of body mod posts LOL. Well at least it's not graphic dentistry posts. 

I'm going to read. See you all later. 

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom

Because you have body art, it means alot to me that you think the tattoo looks cool.  If I like the experience, my next will be a bird, if I can ever find the flippen pic I saw (grrr).

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@jaxs mom

Because you have body art, it means alot to me that you think the tattoo looks cool.  If I like the experience, my next will be a bird, if I can ever find the flippen pic I saw (grrr).

Well, the only thing that truly matters is if you love it. Body mods are all about pleasing yourself. And I'm not just saying that. It really is. I understand what you mean though. @Bird mama

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama I'm going to log out now, but I'd love to talk more about it tomorrow. And post the bird pic when you find it.