Honored Contributor

Re: Handbags are a Girl's Best Friend...

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Silly, but with all the bags I have at my disposal (not even to mention those that should be but won't be until after this heat abates and my stored items are returned), for the past week I've been using this inexpensive, summery bag from no less than Target... I picked this up at half price clearance for about seventeen dollars and for some reason I'm just loving it... It came in pink, navy, black and deep jade and although I liked them all (even the pink) it was the deep jade that won... It's pictured in navy. On the green and, I think, the pink ones, the faux leather trim and handles are a cognac color, which made the green bag I picked look a little nicer. The navy and black matched the trim to the primary color of the bag.

Women's Multistriped Canvas Tote with Removable Crossbody Strap - Merona™. Image 1 of 3.

@stevieb I saw this bag today at Target in the pink with the cognac trim!! Woman Surprised The 17 dollar price is a steal. It's good-sized and the canvas type material makes it super comfortable on your body. I found a mirror and 'tried it on' Woman Wink but didn't buy it. The pink was darker and nice. I would love to find the navy on sale! I can see (and feel) why you like to carry it! Woman Happy

@EdithEllenLily@stevieb I want it in every colorWoman LOL

I have a light blue and white stripe canvas draw-string bag but I sure don't know where it is at. Now I want even more.

Honored Contributor

Thank-You SistersHeart for letting me tell about my health problemsHeart

I'm not scared but I am concerned.

Was reading about Sheryl Crow having this same type of tumor but hers was really bad and causing memory loss.

My MRI is set-up for next Thursday.

I'm not going to read anymore about this and try to be positiveWoman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

So, I'm sure no one really cares LOL but I got two more holes in my right ear today. I've been wanting to get them for ages and I finally found a great piercer here and she was super nice. I guess she does tattoos also so I think I might have found a new tattoo artist also. I'll have to go back and look through her book and see if her style is what I'm looking for. I have a few different ideas floating around my head. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom

So, where in your ear?  How many holes you got total?

I hope Ray gets back from vacay soon.  I want to see the rendering and I'm anxious to get my tattoo.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@jaxs mom

So, where in your ear?  How many holes you got total?

I hope Ray gets back from vacay soon.  I want to see the rendering and I'm anxious to get my tattoo.

@Bird mama I don't have any cartilage piercings, yet. I did talk to her about one, I've been thinking about a helix which is at top of the ear. I have to find a spot that won't make the jewelry rub against my glasses. I have 4 in my right ear lobe now and two on the left. I had my nostril pierced but I gave it up and it closed.  

I really want to get some more tattoos I haven't gotten one in a long time. You have to post a photo of your tattoo after you get it. I think it's really nice. Didn't you say you're getting the henna looking color for the whole thing? 

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom

That's the plan, lol.

The overall design will be the eye of horus

I want the shape of the eye to match Prince's - I gave Ray a set of black and white eyes from this pic, lol.

Then I gave Ray a set of Prince's eyes in this color (his eyes varied from brown to green)

So, if it works out like I think, this tattoo is going to serve quite a few purposes for me as far as a personal meaning.  Lots crammed in this one.

The only part of the horus that will change is the shape of the eyeball and the color of the eyeball.  The rest of the feathers, etc will be maintained.

Does this make sense?  I think a henna or some shade of brown will really go with the hazel eye.  

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama It's going to look fantastic. With the design you get the built in eyeliner look too. 

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom

You had to see the look of Ray's face.  I specifically sized the Horus to the size of the tattoo I want so we don't have a scale issue, seriously just trace the one I give you, you know?

I then gave him a set of B/W eyes for shape and then a set of hazel eyes for color.  After nearly 38 years of following him, I'd know Prince's eye anywhere - from when he was a teenager until he passed.

I have no idea if Ray know's who's eyes these are.  Looking back, I'm laughing right now.  I came in with eyes.

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom

One more thing - this is why I want it on my inner forearm - I just can sit at my desk and stare at his eye.  Got me thinking, maybe I should get a left (Horus) and a right (Ra).  Hmmmm, now I'm thinking, ha ha ha.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama wrote:

@jaxs mom

One more thing - this is why I want it on my inner forearm - I just can sit at my desk and stare at his eye.  Got me thinking, maybe I should get a left (Horus) and a right (Ra).  Hmmmm, now I'm thinking, ha ha ha.

@Bird mama That would looks awesome, to have Ra on the other arm. You should do it. 

It would be a great balanced look too.  I shouldn't say anything though HAHA because other than my matching shoulders that are in reverse of each other my other tattoos have no real connection to each other. I also have most of my stuff on the left side which is why I got the extra holes in my right ear. I'm trying to balance my art a little more.