Super Contributor

Re: GILI handbag for $699!!! Are you kidding me?

On 3/27/2015 Chi-town girl said: The most recent review for this handbag is pretty scathing--an obvious return, shoved in a plastic bag and missing the iconic tassel. After a year from initial release, whatever is left is a return and most likely missing the tassel and/or dust bag--plus might have been used by a former customer for a month. Can't imagine dtopping 700 for a used, not in "mint" condition handbag. It will probably be bought by an unsuspecting JM fan.

The one they used for the presentation looked pretty sad, too. Like it had been wadded up and used as a pillow.

I think the GILI line is now the most expensive line of handbags at QVC. Suddenly D&B is a bargain. Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

$699 is a lot for a bag, I can't justify paying that much for a bag. These days my limit is around $450. However, $699 is by no means a super expensive bag. I'd call it mid priced. Bags are big business now.

Frequent Contributor

RI-DARN-DICULOUS!!!!!!!
Honored Contributor

Let's all order several for our gift closets! After all, Christmas will be here before you know it!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

On 3/27/2015 Chrystaltree said:

$699 is a lot for a bag, I can't justify paying that much for a bag. These days my limit is around $450. However, $699 is by no means a super expensive bag. I'd call it mid priced. Bags are big business now.

It IS "super expensive" for a no-name bag.

Super Contributor

That is ludacris.

Super Contributor

Aaaaaaand it's made in China! Or rather its imported.
Super Contributor

On 3/27/2015 stevieb said:

Let's all order several for our gift closets! After all, Christmas will be here before you know it!

Thank you. I needed a good laugh this morning!!!

Super Contributor

This thread got me thinking back to my teaching days in the public school system. I will always remember this. I was teaching 8th grade, and a student had what looked like a Chanel handbag....a big leather tote type. I complimented her on it and she was very blase, said she found it in her mother's closet and liked to 'borrow' mom's stuff every now and then.

She had it on the floor, under her desk, and would kick it aside when it got in the way. She wore it for a few days, and replaced it with another bag of similar pedigree.

But I was curious. I asked her if i could admire the Chanel up close and by golly it was the real deal. I knew her mom, and believe me, it was a Chanel.

On my lunch break, I Googled the bag. It was retailing for approximately $3500.00. On my teacher salary, I figured out how many years it would take to save for that, lol. But good lordy it was gorgeous.

So here's an analogy. Gili is to Chanel, as Fred Flintstone is to James Bond.

Wink

Regular Contributor

I'd rather have $700.00 in my 4 year old Tiagnello bag (that's in still great shape) to spend on something worth while. That's just plain ridiculous.