Regular Contributor

Hello Ladies...have any of you ever called one of the Dooney outlets and purchased a handbag from them over the phone? Will they do this and ship the bag to our home?  TIA.

Respected Contributor

The short answer is yes you can.  I have ordered some accessories from one of the outlets.  But a couple of things to keep in mind.  You do not know if the bag is an irregular and if you dont like it I believe they only give you merchandise credit.  Others can confirm this.  

Regular Contributor

Thanks. I never even thought about that, irregularities and such. Thanks again!

Honored Contributor

I have never ordered over the phone but I have purchased from Dooney outlets in Lancaster and Reading, Pennsylvania and Williamsburg, Virginia and I have never even seen a "second bag" in the store.  

All of my items were new and in pristine new condition.

Valued Contributor

Re: Dooney outlets

[ Edited ]

I ordered by phone from the Las Vegas outlet store even though I live in CO.  The saleslady there told me that my bag would come directly from their home office and would be brand new, not irregular, and in perfect condition with the guarantee and dust bag included.  Sure enough, it was just as she said, but cheaper than I could get at dooney.com.  The saleslady said that if the purse is on sale in their store, the salesperson puts a code in when she orders it for you and that's how it comes out cheaper than buying at dooney.com.

Respected Contributor

Re: Dooney outlets

[ Edited ]

@customerQ--V--C wrote:

I ordered by phone from the Las Vegas outlet store even though I live in CO.  The saleslady there told me that my bag would come directly from their home office and would be brand new, not irregular, and in perfect condition with the guarantee and dust bag included.  Sure enough, it was just as she said, but cheaper than I could get at dooney.com.  The saleslady said that if the purse is on sale in their store, the salesperson puts a code in when she orders it for you and that's how it comes out cheaper than buying at dooney.com.

what i purchased came straight from the florida outlet.  I called Las Vegas first and they search inventory and found them at several outlets.  So then i called those outlets and ended up finding them in Florida.  They didnt come from Conn.  

Honored Contributor

Never done it myself, but my gosh, there used to be several ladies on the boards that knew all the ins and outs of ordering from the outlets, right down to which salespeople you could ask to hand pick bags and so on...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...