Respected Contributor

@hicindy2 

Ummmm...the tri-color satchel is yummy!  Very chic, my dear.  Heart

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

Coconut:  The TSV satchel is similarly sized to several other Dooney satchels that I own.   Check out all the dimensions to see if you think it will work for you.   I find that it's the combination of the height and the depth, as well as the width across the bottom and (top) which all matter in terms of scale of the bag against the body,   as well as the

capacity of the bag.  The TSV has a 6" base.  giving it some depth and visual bulk.   6" is not oversized,  but it is deeper than many other handbags.

Also,  if you hand carry or shoulder carry,  the proportions look different than if you wear a handbag cross body.

And,  in my personal opinion,   handbags worn cross body look good on very few women,  no matter what their size.  And yes,  I know,  cross body is the current popular handbag style,  so  many women disagree with me.

Respected Contributor

@Lavenderjunkie @i agree with you.  

Honored Contributor

@Lavenderjunkie wrote:

Coconut:  The TSV satchel is similarly sized to several other Dooney satchels that I own.   Check out all the dimensions to see if you think it will work for you.   I find that it's the combination of the height and the depth, as well as the width across the bottom and (top) which all matter in terms of scale of the bag against the body,   as well as the

capacity of the bag.  The TSV has a 6" base.  giving it some depth and visual bulk.   6" is not oversized,  but it is deeper than many other handbags.

Also,  if you hand carry or shoulder carry,  the proportions look different than if you wear a handbag cross body.

And,  in my personal opinion,   handbags worn cross body look good on very few women,  no matter what their size.  And yes,  I know,  cross body is the current popular handbag style,  so  many women disagree with me.

@Lavenderjunkie  Funny...when/if I'm wearing a handbag crossbody, the last thing I worry about is anyone else thinking of how good or bad it looks when I'm wearing it that way...LOL

I wear a crossbody at anytime because I want to be hands free depending on the situation, not because it's trendy/popular. Most times I wear my handbag that way it probably looks bad...who cares?!  Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

SusanL:  you have the right idea.  Do what works best for you.   And what makes you happy.  We can't please the rest of the world,  and we shouldn't waste our energy trying.

A few years ago I did notice that some of the most stylish TV actresses were often shown carrying large satchels.   I'm guessing they were top designer handbags,  with very high prices.   What was most appealing to me was the scale of the larger handbag,  always carried in the hand,  never on the arm, shoulder, or crossbody.   The larger and structured handbags were in perfect balance to the frame of the actress (who probably was a size 2) and also a perfect accent to the clothing worn.

The image has stuck with me and I find myself reaching for larger handbags.   I understand when some women question the choice of a smaller handbag because of concerns that it will look too small or child size against their body.   It's all in the perception and what we are each comfortable with.   Often,  the more we see something the more we adjust to it's look, color, size, etc.

Contributor

I received my Dooney TSV bag in bone and it’s everything I thought it would be.  The bone color is the perfect contrast to the faux wicker leather, I love the lining and the three different ways to wear it.  It is classy summertime handbag that has a fresh twist. If you are on the fence I say buy it!

Honored Contributor

I am passing on the TSV. My friend ordered and received it today and she is sending it back.  I went to take a look at it and the handles squeak something terrible.  The leather is so stiff that it's hard to get anything in and out of the outside pockets and to me the woven leather looks cheap.  She ordered the color which is beautiful but that is about it.

Contributor

Re: Dooney TSV March 2!

[ Edited ]

My handles do not squeak at all the the leather isn’t any stiffer than Saffiano leather. As for the pockets, I easily was able to put my phone etc in the front and back outside pockets.  Pecky I’m sorry your friend didn’t like her bag.

Respected Contributor

CinderEl:  enjoy your new handbag.  I think it's a great look for spring and summer.

Honored Contributor

@Cinder Ella wrote:

My handles do not squeak at all the the leather isn’t any stiffer than Saffiano leather. As for the pockets, I easily was able to put my phone etc in the front and back outside pockets.  Pecky I’m sorry your friend didn’t like her bag.

I'm so glad you are loving yours.  Enjoy!!