New Contributor

Dooney Logo Lock with accessories.

I just received my pebbled Dooney logo lock. Love the bag, but the structure of the bag is so stiff. The leather itself is good, it seems to be the bottom structure. I don't care about the bag sitting without falling over because hobo bags don't normally sit with feet on the bottom. Will the stiff bottom structure soften and hang more over time?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dooney Logo Lock with accessories.

Dooney stiff leather is why 2 very expensive handbags sit in the closet - brand new.  To me.....this brand isn't user friendly.  Depending on the style - you'rs might get better with time - but mine won't unless I run over it with a truck.  Should have returned. Darn!

Honored Contributor

I have quite a few Dooney bags which include some in pebbled leather.  I have found that the leather gets softer with use, and develops soft folds, but if the bottom is structured, it will remain structured.  I have a bag that is more than 40 years and the structure is still there.

The leather will soften up, but the way the bag is constructed and sewn does not allow the bottom to droop or fall.  I have never had any type of leather droop or fall at the bottom of a Dooney bag, unless it was styled and sold to be that way....even with their butter softer leather bags.  

Valued Contributor

This bag is awesome . i love it to .

Honored Contributor

Generally when you buy a bag with feet on the bottom the expectation is that the bottom remain flat (not saggy.)  If you were hoping for it to sag, you probably purchased the wrong brand or style.  Perhaps you would be better off with a rounded bottom hobo rather than a flat bottom one.