Super Contributor

I have never purchased Nylon. What is it? I have leather and coated cotten.

Respected Contributor

It's nylon.

Think a heavy windbreaker jacket.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Esteemed Contributor

This will be my first nylon bag.  I ordered it in the black.  The tsv bag is just too large and too heavy in weight before it's loaded up.  I love the fact the logo bag was finally reduced in size.  Looking forward to getting this.  Was surprised to see it has feet on the bottom of it.  

Esteemed Contributor

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

This will be my first nylon bag.  I ordered it in the black.  The tsv bag is just too large and too heavy in weight before it's loaded up.  I love the fact the logo bag was finally reduced in size.  Looking forward to getting this.  Was surprised to see it has feet on the bottom of it.  

Oh..please let us know how you like it !! I have a lot of Baggallini and Kipling, but would love something more upscale.  

Honored Contributor

nylon is very durable and can take being beaten up pretty well.

i have several of the dooney nylon pouchettes and crossbody mail bags and they have all held up very well. the color stays really nicely saturated on the nylon handbags also. love the mint and the red......and the black is a no brainer.....always appropriate.

will be looking foward to hearing a review from @BlingQueen022 !

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

nylon is very durable and can take being beaten up pretty well.

i have several of the dooney nylon pouchettes and crossbody mail bags and they have all held up very well. the color stays really nicely saturated on the nylon handbags also. love the mint and the red......and the black is a no brainer.....always appropriate.

will be looking foward to hearing a review from @BlingQueen022 !

@sunshine45 Hi Sunshine45:  Thanks for posting a review on the nylon dooneys.  This is my first one.  I have coated cotton bags but not a nylon.  That tomato red color was my first choice, but I went with the black.  I'm confident about getting this one over the upcoming leather tsv tonight.  I love the leather tsv, but I don't think I would use it enough due to the size and weight of it like I would this nylon bag.  I'll post a review after I receive it.  You were a major help to me explaining how well the nylon bags and accessories hold up.  Much appreciated.  Thank you.  Enjoy the weekend and enjoy the upcoming dooney shows if you watch them.  

Esteemed Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

Oh..please let us know how you like it !! I have a lot of Baggallini and Kipling, but would love something more upscale.  

@hicindy2 Hi Cindy.  I sure will post a review.  I was a bit leary about ordering a nylon material handbag, but after reading posts from a few very experienced handbag posters, I feel more secure about it now.  I'm thrilled I ordered the black because that particular bag comes with the new Khaki lining instead of a red.  That black nylon bag is gorgeous.  I will post a review after I receive it.  Enjoy watching the shows.  I also want to thank you so much for when you post threads on this forum about some good sales coming up.  It's much appreciated.  

Frequent Contributor

I just had to draw the line with the pricing. I will not pay that much for a nylon bag especially when it is smaller than the leather version and only $40 less in price. They are playing marketing games with us.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dooney Logo Lock nylon

[ Edited ]

I saw the tomato red this AM and ordered it.  Love the feet on the bottom. Think of it as "cost per wearing".  If you have a heavy lovely leather bag and can only take it out for short runs, versus a bag that goes happily out everyday, what is the better buy?  It is a very individual decision.  Even Kiplings are getting up to $100 and they don't have leather trim. 

Respected Contributor

@QVCpal wrote:

I just had to draw the line with the pricing. I will not pay that much for a nylon bag especially when it is smaller than the leather version and only $40 less in price. They are playing marketing games with us.

Sue just clarified that it is the exact size as the leather version.  But I agree the price is high for nylon.