Respected Contributor

If you like Saffiano and like a bargain, check out TJM.  Mine has oodles mostly in Michael Kors.  Only a couple of other brands.  

Respected Contributor

I feel the same about saffiano, and Dooney and even higher-end couture brands are using it. It looks and feels cheap and simply is not the equestrian saddlelike feel that drew me to Dooney ( and coach) in the 1980s. I will not buy saffiano and hope Peter Dooney comes to his senses and brings us the quality florentine, pebble, and samba cowhide that we want. I am so glad you brought this up. Well done! Hope someone st Dooney is listening. The last tsv (April) did not do very well. In fact, I preordered two and loved the design so I wrote good reviews, but guess what? I could not make peace with the thin, costed, textured leather, which my husband thought was vinyl, so I returned both. Hoping the next tsv is pebble or better. I own four of last november's pebble leather Brenna bag and cannot say enough good things about that bag.

Valued Contributor

Thank you so much, all of you, for your kind and thoughtful replies to my question.  I am grateful to now know more about the Doony leather.  After I wrote my question, I pulled out one of my oldest Doony purses, a navy crossbody, and I am thinking...why in the world don't I just wear that one again?  lol  (I think I will)  I want real leather, cowboy saddle leather.  My impression of Saffiano leather is now not good.  I don't get my purses dirty so I don't need something easy to clean.  I think I might agree with those of you who wrote that D&B is going a bit downhill.  Thanks again everyone!

Respected Contributor

You're welcome. I still love the Dooney style and should clarify that It is not Dooney, per se, but a trend across many brands, including coach, to use the thinner, embossed leathers, not on everything but on some styles within the line. I have written about it in hopes that Dooney reads or hears about such posts and that QVC also gives us the higher quality, thicker leathers that we want.

Contributor

I purchased a Dooney saffiano a few years back as a TSV and really disliked it.  I agree with your comment that it feels like plastic over cardboard.   I haven't purchased another once since.  I do still love the pebble leather and the coated cotton recently has been nice.   I always love it will Jill Bauer refers to the Safianno bag as the one Kerry Washington uses that costs thousands of dollars.  For me, it's a no go.