Trusted Contributor

The TSV does not appeal to me but I really like the idea of a hands free cross body bag.  I have looked at several over the years and again for an upcoming vacation, but can't seem to pull the trigger because I feel that it somehow does not work with my fuller bust, if you know what I mean.

I assume I can just wear it on one shoulder but was curious as to what other ladies thought and whether those who are larger on top actually wear them.

Honored Contributor

I have one that I wear from time to time, like grocery shopping. I have mixed feelings about them. It's not so much my chest, which is substantial, but the strap rubs on my neck. It's a trade off, hands free is nice, but I'm not 100% sold on the crossbody.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I have a fuller bust, too, and I think I know what you are talking about.,  The strap sometimes cuts under the bust, and kinda outlines it,    This does not bother me too much, I just adjust it now and then.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

Re: Crossbody bag question

[ Edited ]

If you get a crossbody bag, the strap is usually adjustable so that you can carry it crossbody or over one shoulder. I often don't carry mine completely crossbody, but do when I need to carry in my groceries, carry my computer bag and my mail up my stairs, am out at a festival, etc.

Almost every bag I own is a crossbody because I want that option. On days when I carry a bag that isn't and have to carry 4 bags of groceries up the stairs, I really feel sorry for not having one of my crossbody bags.

Honored Contributor

I wear an "I" cup and it doesn't stop me from using a crossbody bag when I need to. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

Actually, crossbodies aren't recommended for women with bigger busts. (This is from fashionistas, stylists, etc.

Curvy me tends to ignore that advice., because life sometimes requires a crossbody. Carrying it on the shoulder won't  always do, because the bag probably won't stay for good reasos (benidng, stooping, reaching and most tasks requiring two hands. And then there is the issue of security.

Sometimes they work better with a wider strap. Let's face it: most of us won't look elegant 100 percent of the time. 

Perhaps you could look for a crossbody with a wider strap? That is probably my one criticism of this AK TSV: the strap could be a bit wider, but I still like the TSV bag.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks so much ladies!  I appreciate your suggestions, thoughts and advice.  I tend to invest in more expensive bags so not sure this would be a good investment for me.  Maybe I will head out to Tjmaxx and try a cheaper option.  I am also thinking maybe a backpack may be a better alternative.

Honored Contributor

I love crossbody bags especially when I am unloading groceries in and out of the trunk.  You could use it for that and normally wear it as a shoulder bag.  I just bought one over the weekend from Kate Spade and it is pebble leather in black  It also came in white and black under $100.  The advertisement was next to my Scrabble game online.  It was an exceptional price and their leather is top quality.  They always have bags on sale but this was a separate sale that I caught.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I like a bag that can sit on your shoulder if you need hands free. If you are going on vacation Longchamp makes one that weighs nothing, only what you put in it.

Trusted Contributor

I have a larger breast and still wear my crossbody bags.    I even look for that option on my larger bags.   With large bags I can detach the straps and put them in the bottom of the bag under my Pursefection organizer.  There are times I need both hands and there are locations in crowds where I want the security of a crossbody.  Another thing I like is the ability to detach the strap to secure my purse to a shopping cart.  While in a grocery store one evening I was notified by employees to secure my purse ( it was) because 2 purses had just been snatched.  They work great so many places and the right ones can hold all I need during a day away.   I do require the organization inside and out that Aimee's bags give me for my basic daily items.  I like the looks and the dimensions of todays TSV for my needs.