Frequent Contributor

I'm looking for a medium to large crossbody bag for my daughter-in-law.   She would most be interested in a neutral colored bag - black, brown, gray or even deep green.  Any suggestions?  

Honored Contributor

I have as few Dooney medium satchels that I can wear crossbody when I'm carrying groceries or my computer bag.

A240161 is on clearance right now and comes in two shades of gray and a lovely green sage. I have this in Aqua and love it. It fits what I need and has a slip pocket on the back that easily fits my iPhone 6. The handles do lay down against the bag for easy crossbody carrying. There's some organization inside, but I have a Pursefection inside mine for even more.  I really like mine and always get compliments on it.

Dooney & Bourke Pebble Leather Domed Satchel w/Accessories - A240161

A272384 was a recent Today's Special Value and I just received mine the other day. It comes in a few neutral shades. This bad is a good size and the strap lets you carry it crossbody or shortens to be carried on the shoulder. I'm very short (5') and the strap adjusted for me to comfortably carry it crossbody. This has no slip pocket on the outside, but I can still put my phone into one of the two outer spaces. The straps do not lay down, but can be tucked inside the bag for crossbody carry.
Dooney & Bourke Pebble Leather Brenna Satchel with Accessories - A272384

Both bags have removable straps, so you can also take a strap off and not use it at all or use the strap on another bag of a similar tan leather. I swap my Dooney straps frequently to turn satchels with shorter straps into crossbody bags.

Honored Contributor

Re: Crossbody Suggestions?

[ Edited ]

@fashion queen wrote:

I'm looking for a medium to large crossbody bag for my daughter-in-law.   She would most be interested in a neutral colored bag - black, brown, gray or even deep green.  Any suggestions?  

@fashionqueen Crossbodies are my go to whether large or small and my favorite these days are those by MZ Wallace. They have a great sale going on right now, too. And will start another in about a week. (They have the Belle on sale in a gorgeous hunter green, fyi.)

Respected Contributor

A269157 from Tignanello at QVC is my latest crossbody favorite! I got the olive and it works with almost everything, reasonable price too.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Valued Contributor

I love Brahmin crossbody bags. They are lightweight, very compact, and hold all I need to hold. They come in many neutral colors. Most major dept stores have them, and they have their own website as well.

Honored Contributor

@fashion queen wrote:

Do you have a price range?

Honored Contributor

A316442  SAK Deena crossbody $66.00 

4 easy pays

I have this bag and it is one of my favorites.

It looks great in the black.

Valued Contributor

I have several including a Dooney & a coach & a Bramin in crossbody. My favorite at the moment is my Tignanello crossbody bag.  I got A- 260890 in black & loved it so much I went back & got one in "Peony" which is a blush color & it isn't available anymore, so glad I got it!  They have so much organization plus they hold everything I need to have with me everyday. I have heard that crossbody bags are very popular right now. I just love them cause I can be hands free & don't have to keep up with it all the time!

Respected Contributor

@Lovemyboots wrote:

I have several including a Dooney & a coach & a Bramin in crossbody. My favorite at the moment is my Tignanello crossbody bag.  I got A- 260890 in black & loved it so much I went back & got one in "Peony" which is a blush color & it isn't available anymore, so glad I got it!  They have so much organization plus they hold everything I need to have with me everyday. I have heard that crossbody bags are very popular right now. I just love them cause I can be hands free & don't have to keep up with it all the time!

I just love the blush handbag color.  I wish more handbag brands were made in that color.  

Bruce Makowsky made a blush color and I just love it. 

Respected Contributor

@fashion queen wrote:

You didn't state a price range, but I would like to recommend Baggallini Big Zipper Travel Crossbody Bag.

It comes in about 17 colors (Amazon) and sells for $48.75 and free Prime shipping.  I have two of these handbags in black and charcoal.  (eBags sells it too).  

Nothing fancy or expensive, but wears well and I even washed it on delicate in the washer and hung to dry.  I've had it for several years and it still looks brand new.