Trusted Contributor

Re: Bruce Makowsky has a nice hobby!

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

The home & the property are magnificent!! However, to me it looks more like a super luxury hotel & spa rather than a private residence!! It appears cold not comfortable & cozy like I would like my home to be!! 

I've seen super luxurious homes that are more inviting!! I'm not sure how many super rich people would want this kind of a home at that kind of a price!!

_____

I agree with You. It's beautiful, but, I can see it more as an exclusive small hotel, rather than a private home. 

Respected Contributor

I can hear it now:  "Mom, I'm bored, there's nothing to do in this house."

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@AKgirl2  I totally agree,  Bruce never was Mr. Congenitality.  What he did have was money,  thanks to us,  and plenty of energy.   I bet he has a hard time selling that monstrosity of a house.   It's very unappealing... as someone said it looks like a hotel or office building. 

@Kachina624 did you see the other house he sold for $85 million in Beverly Hills?  It was also a monstrosity, but it sold in 2014 to the billionaire of the Minecraft game.  These buyers don't much care if a house feels like a home; they want to have the world know they are beyond wealthy

Bruce is capitalizing on the psyche of enough is never enough for some of these folks who are driven to compete on status.

Respected Contributor

WOWSERS!!!  This house looks like something Tony Stark (aka Ironman) would live in.  The gigantic camera piece is very interesting.  I wouldn't want to use the clear spiral stairs while wearing a skirt, and wonder how quickly before all that candy goes stale?  I somehow can't picture them sitting around eating so much candy!  The massage room looks wonderful though.Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

He worked hard and it sure paid off.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@AKgirl2  I totally agree,  Bruce never was Mr. Congenitality.  What he did have was money,  thanks to us,  and plenty of energy.   I bet he has a hard time selling that monstrosity of a house.   It's very unappealing... as someone said it looks like a hotel or office building. 

I remember when these bags were ALL OVER the place!  I think I bought one at a discount on ebay or Tj Maxx.  They were so very popular that I am sure he and Kathy made a killing.

Apprently from what I read he is an extremely successful real estate developer of these high end homes though this one in particular certainly takes the cake!  I can't imagine who can (or would want) to live in it.

Honored Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Bruce and Kathy sold their purse businesses so he is no longer designing them.   He's moved on to bigger and better things after we staked him. 

@Kachina624 ~ he had absolutely zero personality as a vendor, can't believe he sold that many purses, but must say most looked

pretty good, unlike his wife's merchandise.  Guess when it comes to selling multimillion dollar homes, somehow a per$onality just might come in handy, huh Bruce?

@AKgirl2  I ran across a news article a few days ago on "the house".   It said the there are only about 3,000 people in the entire world who could afford to buy and maintain this house.   Since many,  if not most, of them aren't even Americans,  he may have a problem selling it.   Building it seems like a foolish decision. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Bruce and Kathy sold their purse businesses so he is no longer designing them.   He's moved on to bigger and better things after we staked him. 

@Kachina624 ~ he had absolutely zero personality as a vendor, can't believe he sold that many purses, but must say most looked

pretty good, unlike his wife's merchandise.  Guess when it comes to selling multimillion dollar homes, somehow a per$onality just might come in handy, huh Bruce?

@AKgirl2  I ran across a news article a few days ago on "the house".   It said the there are only about 3,000 people in the entire world who could afford to buy and maintain this house.   Since many,  if not most, of them aren't even Americans,  he may have a problem selling it.   Building it seems like a foolish decision. 

@Kachina624 ~ remember the dunkin doughnuts commercial, "it's time to make the doughnuts?"  Well, Cousin Brucie might have to 

resurrect B Makowski handbags and start selling them at the Q, or back in NYC, maybe LA?

Respected Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 ~ remember the dunkin doughnuts commercial, "it's time to make the doughnuts?"  Well, Cousin Brucie might have to 

resurrect B Makowski handbags and start selling them at the Q, or back in NYC, maybe LA?

Can you imagine the monthly tab for upkeep of that self serving and pretentious mausoleum?  Wonder how he's affording to pay for it and his lifestyle?  I know he made millions and his wife too, and sure they invested well.  I bet he'll sell well below asking price if it doesn't sell soon.

Honored Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Can you imagine the monthly tab for upkeep of that self serving and pretentious mausoleum?  Wonder how he's affording to pay for it and his lifestyle?  I know he made millions and his wife too, and sure they invested well.  I bet he'll sell well below asking price if it doesn't sell soon.

@AKgirl2

Nah ..... the likely buyer candidate could be a Saudi Arabian Prince who'll pay full price ... in cash .... and only stay in it a couple times a year when he's in town.   You'd be surprised how many homes in Beverly Hills are lived in only "occasionally".