Honored Contributor

Re: Brahmin- do you like this one?

@gidgetgh,

I became a Brahmin convert 5 years ago, and love the color of the first bag.  

However, the size of the Marianna bag is too big for me at this stage of my life.   I've gone to a much smaller bag since I retired. I rarely leave the house, and when I do, it's usually for a doctors appt or trip to the grocery store, so essentially I'm only away for a few hours at a time.   I carry basic essentials now, so all of my Brahmins are smaller size shoulder or crossbody bags.  

Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

IMG_6369.JPGIt's the Marianna tote. I'm looking at one of the Marianna's, but this isn't it. But while searching, I saw this one. I think it's gorgeous.  Opinions?  

I just ordered the Mini Sonny in this color. It should be here Monday. I'm not a big bag girl nor am I a light colored purse person but this one i really like.

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

IMG_6369.JPGIt's the Marianna tote. I'm looking at one of the Marianna's, but this isn't it. But while searching, I saw this one. I think it's gorgeous.  Opinions?  

I just ordered the Mini Sonny in this color. It should be here Monday. I'm not a big bag girl nor am I a light colored purse person but this one i really like.

@Meowingkitty- I looked up your Mini Sonny. Really, really pretty. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Do I like it... Oh my yes... yes I do... I really, really do... The first one that is... The second one is pretty but the first one is breathtaking. I don't care for the third one. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I think all the stitching plus the croc texture,  which doesn't show well in the picture,  is a bit much.   I like the taupe accents but without the long/short stitching.   It's too busy. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I like the silhouette of that bag, and the color combination is striking. (I also like the blue and green ones you posted). 

The thing l noticed lately with Brahmins is they are sometimes too "shiny" in person. This cheapens them, IMO. It's hard to see it in the photos online. I was recently disappointed in one l ordered online, for this reason. So in the future l'll want to see it in person before l order.

I hope you're pleased with the one you ordered-- let us know!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Trusted Contributor

I worked for Dillard's for over 18 years,and yes I have a few Brahmin cross body bags in red, yellow, aqua, and chocolate. I changed with the seasons. 4 times a year they will do a sale that is 50% off of the clearance price.

Get there when the store opens,they go fast. And yes your bag is beautiful.
Super Contributor

Can't go wrong with Brahmin. They are gorgeous and you don't see them on every other person. I've had very good luck with quality and longevity with them. If you get it, I hope you love it!

Valued Contributor

I have several Brahmin that I have collected over the years. I try to buy one new one every year. THey are all beautiful and very well made. Lately I have been leaning heavily on Patricia Nash also.

Beckyblu

Respected Contributor

Looks like plastic. Enough with all the faux reptiles already!