Honored Contributor

Re: Bad Girls... Talkin' 'bout the Bag Girls...

@stevieb@jaxs mom: Oh my!! re: the price of that garnet ring. It's probably partially due to the 18k gold. But at that price, l require some diamonds. After all, they're a girls best friend!  Woman LOL

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@handygal2 I hear you. It is stunning though. And I don't even ilke yellow gold, although I do think that garnets look better in a yellow gold setting. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Well I went through my closet and culled some clothes that are too big and some shoes I don't need. I gave one pair of Docs boots to my daughter and 4 other pairs of shoes went into the donation bag along with a jacket, 3 pairs of pants and a couple tops.

The Docs were a nubuck pair with faux fur lining and a 2 inch heel. The faux fur just doesn't keep my feet warm and I have the same heel boot in smooth leather without the lining so I didn't need these also. She was happy. 

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@stevieb@jaxs mom: Oh my!! re: the price of that garnet ring. It's probably partially due to the 18k gold. But at that price, l require some diamonds. After all, they're a girls best friend!  Woman LOL

@handygal2

This is where we differ... I like my diamonds straight... and never have felt the need to always have a diamond (or simulant) accompanying a gemstone. Of course, some jewelry combining the two are beautiful, but, to me, this piece can stand alone nicely... just not at that price...

Woman Very Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@handygal2 I'm thinking about holding onto the PN tote. It really is pretty, I just wish the lighter patches were more of a true bone and less beige. I really don't want to go looking through the stores to see if I can find one I like better. Honestly, if I'd wanted to do that, I'd not have ordered it for shipping in the first darned place... Still, I'm thinking about holding onto this one. I guess I'll have to make a final decision soon, though I've always found Macy's to be decent about returns.

Respected Contributor

Hello SistersHeart It has been a long day. DH has surgery on Friday (his birthdayWoman Sad)  Of course, we were early to the Dr and he was running two hours behind because of an unexpected procedure. We didn't want to hear another surgery this soon but we did expect it.

I'm just glad that we didn't have to be there early in the morning. At least I will have a couple of days to prepare. I do have friends that live in Springfield if I had to stay over.

I also, had to have bloodwork today back at our regular Dr. And I had to fast. We didn't get back there till almost 1pm. Well, my veins are terrible and they roll. They tried three times and couldn't get it. By that time, I'm crying and finally told them to stop.

I hate when they can't find the vein and they digWoman Sad So they will have to send me to the hospital to have it done after all this with DH is over.

But all in all, it was a great dayWoman LOL

Honored Contributor

@VenturaHighway geez what a day you had. Sorry he has to have surgery on Friday but I hope it results in healing the issue. I hate getting blood drawn, they often have issues getting mine too. It's even worse when you're dehydrated from fasting. 

Honored Contributor

@VenturaHighway wrote:

Hello SistersHeart It has been a long day. DH has surgery on Friday (his birthdayWoman Sad)  Of course, we were early to the Dr and he was running two hours behind because of an unexpected procedure. We didn't want to hear another surgery this soon but we did expect it.

I'm just glad that we didn't have to be there early in the morning. At least I will have a couple of days to prepare. I do have friends that live in Springfield if I had to stay over.

I also, had to have bloodwork today back at our regular Dr. And I had to fast. We didn't get back there till almost 1pm. Well, my veins are terrible and they roll. They tried three times and couldn't get it. By that time, I'm crying and finally told them to stop.

I hate when they can't find the vein and they digWoman Sad So they will have to send me to the hospital to have it done after all this with DH is over.

But all in all, it was a great dayWoman LOL

Sister... I'm glad that after all that you can still consider it a great day... Hang in there...

@VenturaHighway

Honored Contributor

I really am loving that garnet ring... and I know it's a fair amount of gold... and 18K gold at that... but still, it's a garnet, for heaven's sake...

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....

Oh well... Sigh... As pretty as it is and as lovely as the cut is, I think I'd prefer a different cut... and at that price, maybe a bit larger stone too...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also really like this coral, gold and diamond ring... but again, it's five bills and while I know it's gold, it's also coral, which isn't a pricey gemstone and these don't appear to be very large stones... only a seventh of a carat of diamonds... There's no good picture of this one... The only picture also includes a bracelet.

coral.png