Respected Contributor

Re: Bad Girls... Talkin' 'bout the Bag Girls...

@Bird mama wrote:

@VenturaHighway   Aww geez, sorry your beloved it looking at another surgery.  Prayers that this time is the charm.

@Bird mamaThanksHeart

Respected Contributor

SistersHeart I do want to thank everyone for keeping my DH in your thoughts and prayers. This has been a long and hard road for him.

HeartHeartHeart

Esteemed Contributor

@VenturaHighway wrote:

SistersHeart I do want to thank everyone for keeping my DH in your thoughts and prayers. This has been a long and hard road for him.

HeartHeartHeart

@VenturaHighway   Remind us again the evening before so we can get the "prayer machine" cranked up and give out some positive thoughts for you too.  

I had to sit for 6 hours once when my husband had a tricky surgery (abdominal aortic aneurysm) and a delayed recovery that lasted for an additional 3 days in the hospital.

I know good thoughts are always welcome.  Makes you feel a lot less alone.

I also have a lucky stone (tumbled purple agate) that I carry now in my handbag. Hey, whatever works !!

An Agate Stone is one of the oldest healing gemstones. It is the perfect stone to carry with you to bring healing, strengthening and protective energies.

Image result for images purple tumbled agate

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The bag has already shipped from Overstock... The Macy's bag shipped a few days ago... Decision time is soon to be upon me...

I switched into that diminutive PN tote @handygal2... Not the patchwork but the other we share in common... What a really pretty bag and a good size...

The wind here last night was unbelievable... Set off the usual car alarm outside, which kept me awake for several hours... I'd not slept good the night before and this is getting old... I almost had that blasted car towed and if it happens again I'll have to consider that option... I'd never do that to somebody, but this car has been an ongoing problem and the owner has been made aware...

Today is supposed to be in the upper 60's and possible snow on Sunday... I was pretty certain this is how this loony weather would play out... Meanwhile, the spring flowers and trees are already blooming way early...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb  the bag you ordered from overstock is really good looking.  We are under a high wind advisory here.  This weather has been so darn odd I'm running out of adjectives for it.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

The bag has already shipped from Overstock... The Macy's bag shipped a few days ago... Decision time is soon to be upon me...

I switched into that diminutive PN tote @handygal2... Not the patchwork but the other we share in common... What a really pretty bag and a good size...

The wind here last night was unbelievable... Set off the usual car alarm outside, which kept me awake for several hours... I'd not slept good the night before and this is getting old... I almost had that blasted car towed and if it happens again I'll have to consider that option... I'd never do that to somebody, but his car has been an ongoing problem and the owner has been made aware...

Today is supposed to be in the upper 60's and possible snow on Sunday... I was pretty certain this is how this loony weather would play out... Meanwhile, the spring flowers and trees are already blooming way early...

@stevieb: I've been carrying my walnut Frye campus hobo for several weeks. Perhaps l'll change into that same PN bag, to get a more spring-like feeling.  Woman Happy

That car alarm problem is nasty. I thought there's a law that they must automatically turn off after 15 minutes...  Woman Frustrated

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

The wind here last night was unbelievable... Set off the usual car alarm outside, which kept me awake for several hours... I'd not slept good the night before and this is getting old... I almost had that blasted car towed and if it happens again I'll have to consider that option... I'd never do that to somebody, but his car has been an ongoing problem and the owner has been made aware...

@stevieb Only keep the one(s) that is/are ideal and perfect for your needs and wants! Woman Wink At this point, I am doing the same unless I see it exactly for an upcoming birthday or holiday gift for a close friend or relative on my list.

We have been having WIND here today, too. It's unnerving and I have another achy head. Woman Frustrated

Even though there is no need for a fan, I tend to have one on overnight pointing away just for white noise when it's windy or raining hard because I can't sleep, either. Wonder if that would help you for that pesky car alarm? 

Honored Contributor

The Dooney denim chevron zip zip satchel arrived today in good order from Macy's! I'm so glad I don't have to go to Macy's for a return...not a fan of the store since it took over the lovely Marshall Field's and I will never get over that, LOL. Anywhoo, the bag is really cute. It's coated cotton and trimmed in a dark navy saffiano leather. I'm not wild about this silhouette due to its size being too small for me, so I see it as a gift for two ladies on my list who wear a lot of denim. Also today from ilovedooney I received the matching accessories, only $19 each: a wristlet that included a KEY FOB (oh brother) and a frame purse, which is the same size as the beloved kiss lock from the Logo Lock set. However, there are no credit card slots in this frame purse so you could just put some folded-up bills, coins and a credit card inside and you're good to go. It will wear well in all types of weather -- a retro workhorse of a bag for a denim gal! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@stevieb Only keep the one(s) that is/are ideal and perfect for your needs and wants! Woman Wink At this point, I am doing the same unless I see it exactly for an upcoming birthday or holiday gift for a close friend or relative on my list.

We have been having WIND here today, too. It's unnerving and I have another achy head. Woman Frustrated

Even though there is no need for a fan, I tend to have one on overnight pointing away just for white noise when it's windy or raining hard because I can't sleep, either. Wonder if that would help you for that pesky car alarm? 

No @EdithEllenLily. It wouldn't help. The alarms are such a disctictive and annoying sound. The sound of rain wouldn't bother me, in fact, I sort of like it... High winds are unnerving, but even that probably wouldn't wake me unless it was very high and blew something over... But a honking horn... over and over and over... There's no way you can ignore it. I had my air purifier running last night, but nothing would disguise the sound of that freakin' horn... 

@handygal2 And yes, we've made it clear that unattended car alarms are subject to towing after fifteen or so minutes, but you know, by then the damage is done, especially when it's the middle of the night... I hate them and where I live there's really minimal reason for them. I guess some cars don't allow you to turn them on or off, but that should be how they all work, so that in areas where car theft or tampering is not a big problem they can be left OFF...

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@stevieb  the bag you ordered from overstock is really good looking.  We are under a high wind advisory here.  This weather has been so darn odd I'm running out of adjectives for it.

I agree @Bird mama... It just keeps getting more and more wierd, and especially because it never settled into any kind of winter pattern around here... Not really looking for snow at this point...