Honored Contributor

Re: Bad Girls... Talkin' 'bout the Bag Girls...

@VenturaHighway wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

@EdithEllenLily

Hi - how was the sizing on the Clark Ciera Gulls?  True to size?  How was the width?

I'm thinking of picking up a pair in black.  I like the fisherman style which kind of says summer without showing toes on those days when my pedi is not quite perfect.

@Bird mama They're great!! So much stability for a higher heel!! Nice leather, too. Okay, I ordered my true shoe size, medium width, and they fit perfectly. You can adjust the buckle, too, if needed. When I buy a boot or a tennis shoe, I go up one size. But for this, it's my normal shoe/clog/sandal size. Hope this helps, EEL Woman Happy

@EdithEllenLilyWhy do you buy a larger size in boots and tennis shoes?

@VenturaHighway A few reasons. Usually I'm wearing thicker socks and they fit better. And, with winter boots, there is a furry lining that takes up room so you need a bigger size. Some brands of tennis shoes run small, like my favorite Asics for walking and exercise because of the gel insoles and arch support, so you need the bigger size. Then with winter boots and tennis shoes my feet buddies usually get hot, so the larger size gives them more room to breathe. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I've been closet shopping again and unearthed a very cool mustard gold Fossil saddle bag style satchel... Love it... Switched into it and am enjoying it. Styled with thick smooth leather, it has only one flat handle and a detachable canvas strap... The hardware, which includes a turnlock closure on the flap, is substantial and is brass. The bag has straps and buckles on each side of the front and an open pocket across the entire back of the bag. Inside, there's a large pocket across the front under the flap, the main compartment, a zipper pocket and two slip pockets... I'm ashamed to say this bag is at least a few years old and still had tags on it... Buy hey, I'm showing it some love now...

@stevieb This Fossil bag sounds very sharp!! Heart

Honored Contributor

@VenturaHighway wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

@VenturaHighway wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

@VenturaHighway

No matchy matchy Sister.

I mean it, lol.

@Bird mamaWoman Sad  I understand but but but..............Woman LOL

Just no. Really. 

@jaxs mom@Bird mamaThat's ok because I know one sister that loves matchy, my @EdithEllenLilyWoman Very Happy

@VenturaHighway I do. And I know you do, too. Did you see the matching wallet with one of the birthday handbag cakes for you? Woman Wink

But if I can't find a matching wallet, I'm just fine with complementary accessories. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@VenturaHighway wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

@VenturaHighway wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

@VenturaHighway

No matchy matchy Sister.

I mean it, lol.

@Bird mamaWoman Sad  I understand but but but..............Woman LOL

Just no. Really. 

@jaxs mom@Bird mamaThat's ok because I know one sister that loves matchy, my @EdithEllenLilyWoman Very Happy

No comment... Smiley Surprised..

Thank you, Stevie. Woman Happy

@stevieb

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

I prefer my nuts to still have a nice firm texture with a little crunch left. No soggy nuts for me. And I actually do really like grapnuts, if I'm eating cereal. 

It's important @jaxs mom for us each to have our nuts whatever way we most enjoy... Firm versus soggy definitely has certain advantages...

Smiley Happy

ITA don't mess the nuts I'm enjoying and I promise not to mess with yours. Although, I actually like no nuts too. 

@jaxs mom Hmmm...

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

BTW, if I'm having nuts my favorites are cashews, pecans and walnuts with almonds a close runner up. Ok I guess I'm equal opportunity on the nuts. Hazel nuts and brazil nuts are great too. 

@jaxs mom I like all of those nuts. I especially like hazelnut gelato...yum...Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

If I didn't have to concern myself with my cholesterol, I could bury my face in cheesy pasta and just die there.

oh yes, one pasta that I do absolutely love is mac and cheese. Homemade. 

Well OF course... the very one I don't like !!  Woman LOL

What? Another Southern institution you don't like. Um it may be time to turn in your belle card. Especially with your dig at zucchini. Next thing you'll say you don't like okra or tomatoes. 

Now just WAIT a minute... I could probably live on tomatoes... and I like okra... But really, is mac and cheese considered southern? Honestly, I never knew that... I thought it was sort of just universal comfort food. I mean, for those who find comfort in it... And I now like biscuits, so there...

Mac and cheese is very much a Southern institution. Heck it's served at nearly every family celebration and holiday gathering. Even Thanksgiving for heaven sake LOL

Huh... learn something new... Honestly, both my mother and aunt who did most of the holiday cooking, were southern cooks... Not deep south, but still... and we never had it for holidays... I can eat it if made certain ways, but it's not a favorite... But I do have to admit, there are quite a few very southern foods I absolutely will not eat, and I don't mean just the obvious ones that would give lots of folks pause... I guess, sob, I might as well be part yankee... sob... sob...

@stevieb Woman LOL Soul sister, it's not so bad...Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@Tissyanne wrote:

@EdithEllenLily

I am happy that you like your new AK bags. Smiley Happy I was tempted to order her TSV, but decided against it. I have her vintage leather hobo in mulberry A279075. The color is a beautiful grape in her vintage leather. Her pebble mulberry is more berry. The style is like her recent TSV, but mine is larger. I love it, and it is a favorite in my bag collection. Smiley Happy Enjoy yours. Smiley Happy

@Tissyanne Tissyanne!! I love it when you pop in here!! Woman Very Happy I missed out on the vintage leather mulberry you got; I wonder if Aimee would make more in that color? It is a popular bag. Well, I do love those Aimee tote bags I just received and am taking the Mint Snake out for a spin today! Thanks for the well wishes on the tote bags and enjoy the rest of your weekend! Heart

Respected Contributor

Hey I dont pop in often but i will give you what I know about Holiday meals down south.  I can speak to Mississippi, Louisiana and Texas.  We dont do Mac and Cheese.  

Honored Contributor

My cat gargoyle came and it's so cute. 

winged cat gargoyle.jpg

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval